1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Comp decision

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tuck78, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuck78

tuck78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I will be in Vegas 6/22 to 6/24 for a job interview. I'm currently unemployed so I need to make the trip as cheap as possible. I'm driving in from SoCal. I have comps available for both nights from The Linq, Bally's and Rio. I stayed at Bally's last year and it was nothing special, in my opinion. I don't mind staying there again for this trip.

I am looking for something clean and quiet as I have to get up early for the interview on Tuesday. I don't have much faith in either being quiet since its Vegas.. So basically, I'm trying to decide between Bally's and The Linq.

Bally's - Indigo room comped
    The Linq - Deluxe Room comped

Both would come out to $56 after tax and resort fees. I'm leaning towards Linq since the rooms are newly renovated but I would like some opinions on the matter.

Thanks! :peace:

2. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cant speak for the Linq, but Bally's indigo room should be quiet on a Monday night.

3. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio would probably be the most quiet as it's not on the strip. Then Bally's, then the Linq.

4. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would choose Bally's. Rooms are much larger. Noise should not be an issue, but if you are a lite sleeper bring some foam earplugs just to make sure. Also, Since you will have a car, I would recommend Bally;s over the Linq. Bally's is much easier to drive in and out of.

I would rule out the Rio simply because the world series of poker is going on there which creates a lot more congestion there than normal.

5. buddhaluv

buddhaluv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People have been reporting that the Linq on the Pool side is really loud, Bally's Indigo rooms are high enough they should be quiet enough.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    best of luck on the job interview!

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go with Ballys--Drais at Cromwell is closed Monday night so should b quiet. You can get noise from Carnival Court at LINQ. Rio--no, due to WSOP.

8. tuck78

tuck78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips. I think I'll probably end up at Bally's if I do the CET route. I didn't know about WSOP, that might explain why the prices keep going up everywhere. Someone also mentioned some kind of festival..

I might also bite the bullet and take a Mlife offer from Aria @ $79/night + $100 resort credit. Thinking that side of the strip will be easier to get onto the 15.. Also can do Mirage @ $47/night.

EDIT: I think I can also write it off as a tax expense since it's for a job interview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.