1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET 7* Retreat Travel $

Discussion in 'Comps' started by oghuman, Jun 30, 2016.

1. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET allots $1,200 for travel, my travel for two generally costs between $600 - $700 roundtrip airfare. My local CET host has always told me he could not get me anything above basic coach for my 7* trip. I use JetBlue and when I travel to Vegas on a non-7* retreat trip I always pay for one checked bag and get extra-legroom seats that would run about another $200 total for both my companion and me. That price is still at least $200 under the $1,200 max. Has anyone ever get better than coach through a CET or independent host.

2. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just rode in first class to AC using my diamond aspirations 2 airfare credit.

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An emphatic yes. What your host told you is simply not true. I have been traveling first class using my diamond aspirations and seven stars retreat comps for at least four trips. If there is an overage I just pay the difference. I have done JET BLUE To Vegas because there are so many good flight times out of JFK and I have done Virgin America from Vegas first class when it was a red eye. I was told by a host though that cet travel doesn't use jet blue anymore. Maybe I was given incorrect info.

4. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, my host did say that booking JetBlue doesn't go through passport. My host usually does a good job for me but this is one item that bugged me the last two trips. Especially since JetBlue now charges for checked bags. I thought I read something here about people flying first class. I'm not sure who he spoke to in the past at Passport but I'm certainly going to push this with him. I remember a few years ago Passport was absolutely horrible. One Time I was $200 under the limit and by the time they booked almost two weeks later I would have had to Pay $500 out of pocket. They eventually got me a ticket under the limit with a different airline.
    I am assuming you are using a CET host. If you are using someone else I'd like to know that. BTW, I fly out and back from JFK too.

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I use a CET host and I have had the same experience with passport taking FOREVER, which has resulted in my having to fly a different airline that I wanted. If I email my host on Day 1 with a fare well within the limit and Day 20 (kid you not) I'm being told by passport that "the fare is no longer $600 but is now $1700 and do I want to put the difference on my card?" I'm saying to myself, "are they nuts?"

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Passport is interesting to work with, though I though I read they are using someone else now?

In any event, we have flown 1st class on Diamond Aspirations trip twice. I will advise that you email the FULL DETAILS.

flight number, airline name, cities.
    No abbreviations
    class
    your FF number
    your full name
    and same for partner

Makes things much easier.

7. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks nostresshere, I know the drill but it might help others. Add TR#s for any companion travelers too.
    BTW, turnaround time now on these is much better the last two years. I was told previously Passport didn't do any trips during weekends, therefore the backlog.

I just want to make sure before I send in my info on the extra-legroom, they will pay everything up to $1,200 before anything off your credit card.
    When Flowers said she paid overage, I'm assuming over $1,200.

8. rgrif57

rgrif57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We jut got back from a asp. 2 trip. We booked first class and were able to get reimbursed the $750.00 to Vegas Check with your host and see if this works for you. It was painless as we got a receipt took it to the cage and received $750.00 (not vouchers but cash). Our 7* is booked first economy comfort as said earlier just have all of the information down for your host. ..................Good luck....Rick

New Years Eve 2016/17
    Spring Trip
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reimbursement is interesting. I specifically asked my new host if I could do that as it is just faster and easier for me to book and I really wanted to fly first class for my birthday trip. I was able to get a good fares and knew if I went through the normal process the fare would go way up by the time they booked. Maybe I will check with a different host when I am there.

When my new/current host told me no I just said then go ahead and use for my end of year trip, which is southwest both ways. In that case I wasted about 150 because it was 600 for the trip. I would have much preferred a reimbursement for the full amount of 750.

And yes OP the small overage I paid before was because the RT fare was a bit more than 1200 though it was FC both ways so it was worth it, especially with a red eye back where I actually slept stretched out! Lol

10. rgrif57

rgrif57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't understand why they are not on the same page. I hope you do get with a different host to see..................Rick

New Years Eve 2016/17
    Spring Trip