1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CES 2013! Less than a month Away!

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by squidward, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be arriving around mid-night Tuesday January 7th staying down-town as usual till Sunday January 13th. I will be camped out playing video poker at bars every evening at Main Street Station and The California; only to be interrupted for a few sessions of Blackjack at the Golden Gate.

If you hear a drunk Texan hollering "Remember the Alamo!" when something good hits.... It's me!

I know a few of us will be there.... PM or respond to this thread and I'll be more than happy to meet with you for a drink or three... or four... or ???? (down-town anyway).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you there, but I will be on the strip!

3. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CES sent me my badge, but my wife who was going with me, got a new job as an R.N. I work in the industry, but for next year, I want to get her in also. Have any good ideas to sign up?

4. Packer Backer

Packer Backer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CES! That's why the rates are always HIGH during my Birthday week... Gotta remember that for the future....

5. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dean, if I understand you correctly, you are talking about next-next year (CES 2014)?

There is usually a "free" registration period for attendee-only usually started in mid July through the end of August. From September through December it is $100 and goes up to $200 in January.

The "qualifications" are that one is in the industry. That said, with a domain name registered to receive email and some simple self-printed business cards one can create the "illusion" that they are in the industry. I know many people that have been doing this for years.

Not that I do this... I am really in the business... I own a couple of "legit" businesses that qualify.

CES is bar none the most exciting and entertaining convention in Vegas; I'm sure your wife would love it! So a little-low cost creativity and pre-planning will get her in the doors!

I hope this helps?

6. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love staying Downtown during CES. Good rates, easy bus to the convention hall.

Dean, squidward is right, I needed to get a guy in one time, so I just printed a letter on my business letterhead that he was a representative of my company. Printing up some business cards is also going to be fine for sure.

7. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be rolling in on Friday 1/11 after CES. The room rate for the Orleans was $96 when we booked it a couple months ago. Checked yesterday and it was down to $58 (needless to say we called and got the lower rate). Is this an indication that not as many folks will be staying around after CES for the weekend?

8. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am but usually I try to come in the weekend before CES, airfare just worked better for me to stay the weekend after CES this time.

9. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going to CES for about 20 years. We are going the 6th thru 9th this year. We get all of our business done in one day, and vacation the rest.
    We will be staying at PHo.

First Trip 2017
  10. synthpop101

synthpop101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming in the weekend before and staying thru Friday. Staying at Cosmo and Hard Rock. Can't wait!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.