1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Center Cut vs Ballys Steakhouse, which one?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dfalk, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this trip me and my buddy have decided to try a little more upscale dining that what we're used to. Looking for some good steak and potatoes for
    $100 per person. Narrowed it down to either Center Cut or Ballys Steakhouse. Which one would you choose, or is there a better one I am missing (must be on the strip)

I'm not picky at all, never had a meal over $40, and never been to a restaurant with a dress code so it won't take much to impress me at all.

2. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double digits!
  3. spauls

spauls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I did Bally's Steakhouse and had a very good experience, Food was Great, Service was better... I haven't been to Center Cut so I can't compare.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the first one I looked at, but didn't see prices on the menu so I kept looking. Didn't want to experience sticker shock.

5. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll get out for $100 a head no problems, unless you start hammering the vino that is :evillaugh

Double digits!
  6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had great meals at Center Cut and Bally's Steakhouse. Very comparable in price and quality of food. The room at Bally's is a more classic steakhouse vibe, while Center Cut at Flamingo is trying to be modern & sleek. The service at Bally's was more attentive. The value is good at either joint. Have fun, enjoy.

later, GVJ

7. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the old Vegas feel of the Bally's Steakhouse.

8. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Ballys steak house once, and was not impressed with the steak at all. Maybe it was an exception, but it was enough to turn me off to going back. The service was very attentive, but for my wife and I, it was almost annoying. Again, maybe the execption/waiter we had.

I have eaten at Striphouse in PH and found it to be a great value for the price. Great atmosphere too.

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses. I think I'll just walk by each of them and pick based on the vibe I get.

10. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Price wise they are all pretty much close to each other.....IMHO, expensive and overpriced...but with that said.....good steaks everywhere I had one in Vegas.

11. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of experience are you looking for? For $100 per head I could think of a few places in Vegas to enjoy a good steak. If your looking to stay in a certain area of the strip, then your choices will be limited. Do you have a particular cut you enjoy. Believe it or not I favor a few places based on the type of beef I am wanting to dine on.

Both places are okay as steakhouses go, but neither one will knock your socks off if you have dined at some finer steakhouses outside of Vegas.

Example the 40oz Ribeye for two at N9NE steakhouse at the Palms is a great steak selection and a bargain at $110.

The Filets and NY Strip at Circus Circus steakhouse are great. Service there has been excellent.

Not sure if you are dinning on a comp, but is you are looking at only CET Steakjoints then I would recommend VooDoo Steak at the Rio a good pick. It is a hike off strip, but the nighttime view is worth it. Flamingo falls pretty short since they closed Steakhouse 46, which I thought was better. I ate at the new new place on a comp and it was disappointing. Ballys is steakhouse is slightly better, and I have never had a bad meal there, but I would not go out of my way to eat there.

12. sceej

sceej Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you eat at Voodoo Steak, free entrance to Voodoo Lounge?

Anyone know as I have seen this reported but not confirmed? If I am going to have a steak and want to go to Voodoo Lounge without the line/cover charge annoyance - figuring kill two birds with one stone?

Can anyone confirmt hat if you dine at Voodoo Steakhouse you can then go directly to Voodoo Loune and circumevent any line?

Just one last qualifier, I am talking about on a Wednesday/Thursday - not the busier Friday/Saturday.

13. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we stayed at Caesars in October we ate at Old Homestead Steakhouse. We normally don't pay a ton for food so this was a special treat for us. (the host ended up comping it anyway due to my degeneracy lol) The food was fantastic. We both got the 34 oz emperor cut prime rib. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. They brought 1/2 of a cow to our table! The bf Fred Flinstone ate all of his, and some of mine. It was insane, but delish. I highly recommend the place.

http://www.caesarspalace.com/content/dam/clv/Dining/Upscale/old-homestead-steakhouse/Old%20Homestead%20Steakhouse%20Dinner%20Menu.pdf

wedding trip!!!
  14. Debbie Havey

Debbie Havey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was not blown away by Center Cut, (loved the Flamingo's old steak house "46") I would go to Bally's Steak house if that were two choices. I think the atmosphere at Center Cut left a lot to be desired and the steak wasn't any better than other places.

Deb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.