1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cell Phone Check Ins

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by PokerFaceNJ, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was in Vegas I remember that my wife and I had a free glass of wine at Casa Di Amore for checking in at Four Square. My buddy told me he was able to do this a few times on his trip. Anyone receive free drinks or other items for just checking in on Yelp, FourSquare, Facebook, or something else.

Thanks!

2. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get $5 off coupons for some of CET's buffets. We have had them for Paris and Harrah's. Buy 1 get 1 drinks at Palms centre bar. Forget the name. These were April/May this year. They do change frequently though.

There are different perks for checking in on Facebook. We got a buy 1 get 1 for Heart bar at PH, but there are probably a lot more.

First trip of 2017.
  3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

We used a Foursquare check-in at Caesars for a free Frozen Hot Chocolate with a $10 purchase at Serendipity which my gf wanted to get anyway. I think we used one or two others as well, like one for free margarita's at T&T with purchase of an entree.

Easiest way to do it is to create a foursquare account if you don't already have one (you can make a fake one) and then just filter the search for "Specials". There are a lot of little things that are decent which you might have done anyway. For instance a free beer with a purchase of an entree at Holsteins at Cosmo. Or the $5 off CET buffets one pebbles mentioned.

By the way, for Foursquare on the desktop site its easier to find the specials when you zoom in on the map. For some reason more and more specials appear the more narrow the location is. For example this link should show you specials for most of the strip but if you move around the map or zoom in or zoom out and click "Search Area" again you will get more or less results even for the same area:

https://foursquare.com/explore?cat=specials&mode=url&ne=36.121792%2C-115.151932&sw=36.087812%2C-115.190642

4. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

First trip of 2017.
  5. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read news today that in order to keep checking in with Foursquare you need to do it via another app called Swarm. This is too confusing! Why? I'm wondering if you can still get these deals through Swarm. Apparently this starts today.

My trip is in September and I hope I can still get some deals by checking with this Swarm.

Nonetheless, thanks for the tips on the page regardless if Foursquare made things a bit more difficult.

6. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks to me that it's still the same.

Foursquare and Swarm are linked on my phone. I had to start using Swarm last week and after a bit of messing about, it appears to be working just the same.

First trip of 2017.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.