1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CBB Tourneys over Thanksgiving in Vegas...NHL/Sports implications?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by tringlomane, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are at least two of them, one at MGM Grand Garden and one at Orleans Arena. Attendance looks bad when I have looked on TV... The school I got a PhD from (Illinois) is in the championship game at Orleans... and I just learned this tonight...whoops. The other semifinal going on right now (Fox Sports 1) looks 25% full at Orleans. Does the NHL even have a chance in Vegas considering this poor showing? Is Vegas too exciting for sports?

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea how hockey would do in vegas, but I suspect the low turnout for the college BB games is simply because that sport is not popular in the valley (outside of UNLV). I went to a pre-season NBA game in vegas last month that had better attendance. My team (UK) played at the Orleans a couple years ago during a holiday tournament and the palce was sold out, but that was because UK fans travel. I know the NBA all-star game did well out there a few years ago. makes me believe the locals and visitors are more intereste din pro sports where they know the teams or players. Don't know if that would extend to hockey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.