1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Catching Uber downtown

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FullBoat, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used Uber from downtown yet? I was thinking of using them to get to the strip this week, and was wondering how it went. And, where did they pick you up?
    Since I'm staying at The D, I'm guessing that they'll use the taxi area between The D, and 4Queens?

2. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Lyft to go to and from downtown and Gold Coast on two occasions when I was in Vegas in September. It was a breeze.

The pick up area you describe makes sense. You could also ask to be picked up in the valet area I imagine. Or, perhaps right on the corner of 4th @ Carson (by the D pool). It's really up to you. Downtown doesn't yet seem to have designated areas for pick up/drop off yet like the strip does.

3. Wezvidz

Wezvidz High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Uber for every trip between DT and the Strip last week, Lyft to airport and back. Uber at the D picked me once in the valet area, but once they got shoo'd around the corner and parked. Going out the main doors to valet I had to walk right and he was in the alley there. Super easy tho.

I'll never use a Vegas cab again and I'm happy for it.

4. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I figured that's where they'd have to pick people up. That's the normal taxi stand place.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hailed Uber from Le Thai. He pretty much picked us up right there.

6. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I used it from right outside the vale area. He was already there across the street. Nice and easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.