1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Casa di Amore

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TRN, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone eaten there to comment on the quality of the food, service, and atmosphere? Has good reviews on TripAdvisor...

http://www.casadiamore.com/

They will send a complimentary limo to pick you up, if you are staying on the strip, and drop you back off... Makes me want to try something new...

2. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the website it doesn't say the comp limo service is just from the Strip. I wonder if they'll pick me up downtown?

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I'd say ring 'em up and ask the question. Last time we went they picked us up at Palms.

Won't be going back. Just too many other Italian options in town. Food was mediocre. Service rocked, I'll say. It's loud, if that bothers folks.

4. nadizzy

nadizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We definitely want to try that spot..especially since it'll be the mans birthday so a limo ride and free dinner? :thumbsup:

5. dawgfan11

dawgfan11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    food was decent. Service perfect. Atmosphere outstanding. As someone else said it is loud there, especially when they band is going but we had a great time. The free limo pick up was very nice.

6. sandlapper

sandlapper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the food was good no-frills, Italian comfort food. I would definitely go back.

7. tubbypants

tubbypants Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a birthday dinner in October and really enjoyed the experience. Food was good, but not out of this world. Staff was great! They treated you like family and acted like they appreciated you were there. Atmosphere was "old vegas" like with a good singer and some local regulars at the bar. all very nice. Did not take the Limo this time.

8. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So would I.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, did any of you tip the "free" limo driver?

Also, it is a round trip ride, right?

Christmas
  10. bu$hman

bu$hman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there a number of years ago. Food was good, not outstanding. Everyone says to try the stuffed pork chops, which none of us have, but, we had already ordered.

The limo was round trip. Yes, we did tip the driver, but I do not believe it is necessary.

Enjoy! Write back your thoughts. Other people have said the quality has suffered over the past years. We really enjoyed it, but again, it was probably 4 years ago when we went.

11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The limo driver probably expects a tip. I would feel funny not tipping.

12. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta be better than Batistas. But, is it better than Fazolis? Seriously, for a fast food joint, Fazolis still has some of the best Italian I have ever had, including breadsticks that make Olive Garden blush. I too have been wanting to try Casa Di Amore.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  13. sandlapper

sandlapper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do feel it is necessary to tip the driver. My driver was friendly and happy to drop us wherever we wanted on the Strip. I tipped $10 each way.

14. 007DAWG

007DAWG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what I said about CDA in my report from October of this year (yes they will pick you up Dwontown and yes it is free, but you should tip):
    Casa De Amore. Limo driver calls, gives me a 10 minute warning, and then is right on time at 5p to pick us up. Wife is thrilled and surprised! The ride is nice, and we arrive at CDA. As everybody has noted, it is not a fancy looking joint from the outside, and no, not even from the inside, but it’s perfect for what it is. If you are looking for a 5 star upscale strip style joint, look elsewhere. But if you want cool, old school Italian in a fun and friendly atmosphere, with a free limo ride? I can’t recommend this experience enough. Food is good, service is great. Back to the Plaza....

15. StephGrahamKC

StephGrahamKC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do any of you see a problem in using the Restaurant.com gift certificate and still using the limo service? I don't think it would be a problem but just curious if anyone has used it in the past.

16. Calicoskies

Calicoskies Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at CDA the week of TG 2012. I don't get the fans for this place. They say "don't let the looks discourage you" but hmmm, if it looks like a dump it most likely is a dump. The money this place makes is certainly not going back into the restaurant for improvements. I don't call this old school Italian, it's just tacky and gross. I am glad the lighting was so dim because in full light I probably wouldn't have even sat down. The food was no better than an Olive Garden special, maybe not even that good. The famous garlic loaf isn't even homemade bread, and ours tasted burnt and was so greasy it was not edible. The live singer was sort of funny, I kept thinking I was in a scene from Vegas Vacation. We ordered cannoli for dessert, and after ordering the waiter says we are out of teeshirts. I said we will take any size, yup...out of ALL sizes. Waiter says to come back next week with our receipt!!! This was the lowlight of our trip and I really hope I can save another couple $150 in disappointment. We could have gone to Cheesecake Factory 3x and loved each trip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.