1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carryon size American Airline?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hselland81, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hselland81

hselland81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carry-on allowance
    You're allowed 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item.
    Your carry-on bag can be up to 45 inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or 115 centimeters (23 x 36 x 56 cm) including handles and wheels.
    Your personal item needs to be smaller than your carry-on item and must fit under the seat in front of you.
    Instead of a carry-on bag, you can bring on a soft-sided garment bag up to 51 inches.

I have smal suitcase that is 113 cm. It is 55x38x20. Will this be ok? or is the 2 extra cm a problem? on one of the flight home we will be travelling with AA..

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I read your post correctly, you carryon is 113 cm and the limit is 115cm. I don't understand what the concern is.

3. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    highly unlikely you will have a problem.
    sometimes you just get a cranky person at work that will look at your bag and say "it's too big".
    if that happens you're kinda stuck, esp if you've already been through the security checkpoint; just check it and move along because you wont win an argument.
    I have carryon luggage that I've used for years and on one occurrence was told it wouldn't fit. I told them it had fit on the previous 100 flights but it simply didn't matter.

all that said - I doubt you have any issues.

Futbol - final game
  4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will fit in the overhead. I wouldn't worry about it.

5. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be nice and friendly and smile at the boarding agents and wish them a great day. Use the Jedi mind trick to get their minds off your bag and focus on what you are saying to them.

6. hselland81

hselland81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, but the width is 38 cm, and the limit is 36 cm!?!? 1 of my fligth to/from Vegas is with AA. The other 4 flights (travel from norway) is with British Airways (no problem with the size there)

7. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The carry on size for airlines within the US is typically slightly larger than the carry on size for international travel. If you make it through international ok, I don't think you will have an issue within the US.

8. hselland81

hselland81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.