1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carry on Regs

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbo338, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am leaving tomorrow for a long weekend mini vacation in LV. I have always carried my shaving gear and other essentials in my checked in bag. This time i am trying to travel light while still taking essentials, laptop etc. Do perscriptions have to be in a plastic bag and in the gray tray? Fingernail clippers OK now (can't remember last time someone was killed with a fingernail clipper!). Bottle/can opener?

I checked in this morning, got A57. Seems pretty high for reservations for plane originating here 2 months ago with EBCI? This plane is equipped with wifi. What is the wifi charge? Do you have to rely on your computer battery or are there plugs ? It may seem stupid but I have never been on a wifi available plane before and my battery is shot in my laptop.

Jimbo338

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you are using SWA, since you checked in. Their WiFi charge is $8 per flight.

Can't help you on the other questions, since we always check bags. LAS has one of the fastest baggage returns we have ever seen, so no reason to schlep carry-ons.

Good Luck:thumbsup:
    Edit: I have never seen plug in adapters on any SWA flight. I know they exist on some airlines in certain seats/rows.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
    Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  3. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    always left my perscription meds in my daily pill box with no problems inside my carry-on , unless your taking any liquid forms of meds, then I would assume in a plastic bag next to the nips :wink2:

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  4. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prescriptions should stay in the bag and be x-rayed.. They do not have to be in prescription bottles. Shaving cream is allowed up to 3.5 oz and disposable razors are also allowed in clear plastic bag up to 1gt in size. The bag is so that you can place all of your items separately in the grey plastic container and allows the TSA to quickly screen them.

Meds
    http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/what-expect-if-passenger-needs-medication

Prohibited Items
    http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items
    check out the part about the hand grenades, lol

Liquids
    http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-carry-ons

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  5. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our prescription meds travel with us in our carry-on. Our weekly pills boxes are filled, but since we stay for a week in LV, we also take our bottles of prescription meds ~ just in case. They also go in our carry-on, in zip bags. I do not remove any meds from the carry-on when going through security.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as far as outlets, 99% chance you won't find them.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have an obnoxious number of meds, you may want to ziplock them separately and pull them out so they can examine them more quickly. Otherwise, just pack them and leave them in your carry on.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.