1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carry on alternative

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by wesraft, Sep 30, 2016.

1. wesraft

wesraft Tourist

Aug 19, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all that contributed to my previous luggage thread. Such great insight and suggestions! Now, on a somewhat related update, I have gone in a slightly different direction and purchased a wonderful "personal bag" that just barely fits Frontier Airlines specs (18"x14"x8") for stashing under the seat, thereby avoiding the carry on charge. researching on amazon, I stumbled onto the perfect bag for the job and I am so happy to find it. https://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Airlines-Rolling-Personal-Purple/dp/B011M7TNJI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1475244481&sr=8-3&keywords=frontier+personal+bag
    It looks very high quality, sturdy and surprisingly large, just a bit smaller than an "official" carry on. It should work great for a long weekend trip coming up soon. A bonus, in my mind, is that it will soon work for Spirit Airlines also, which will be upsizing their personal bag specs in line with Frontier. I also picked up a nice neck pillow with a zipper allowing me to remove the foam and fill it with some soft clothing items increasing my luggage just a little bit further. I hope this helps fellow cheapskates, er, frugal fans like me.
  2. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Jan 21, 2015
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, smart thinking!! If i go for a long weekend I get by with just a personal item as well. i usually just bring a backpack and still I pack more clothes than I wear there. It does not give me much room to buy gifts and things to bring back home though. It is all about the fold and roll technique to cramming the most clothes in.. When I get to the hotel I hang everything up in the bathroom and take a hot shower.. the steam will get all the wrinkles out with no work!
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

May 4, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We solved that problem a long time ago. We rarely buy anything to take home. We did once upon a time and realized most of it was junk. Our kids eventually realized there were not going to be any gifts just because we went on a trip.

Anything else we need we buy at home or online.