1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnevino review

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bubbamsu, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbamsu

bubbamsu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner was last friday night with my wife.

The decor/vibe is very nice. They had the Aerosmith and ACDC greatest hits playing the whole time, but the volume level was perfect, unlike some other Vegas places where you have to yell at your companions.

The waitstaff was attentive and well trained and is exactly what you should get/expect from a Batali restaurant.

Food: We were not overly hungry, so we did not get a lot of apps to try.

Apps- I had the bison carpaccio which was excellent. It was slightly salty with micro greens on top.

Dinner:

They were all out of gnocchi, which seemed odd that by 8pm on a friday that they would be out of one of their signature pastas. So my wife got the seared scallops. They were good, nicely cooked. The side of beets were very tasty.
    I had the 16oz NY Strip, dry aged for 3months(??), no sauce. If I need a lot of sauce to make the steak good, then it was not a good steak to begin with. The steak was good, not great.

Dessert:

This was the best part of the meal. My wife loves desserts and I could care less for them, no sweet tooth. But, we ordered the mini donuts with a huckleberry sauce and a pumpkin cake(?). They both were awesome and I am glad my wife forced me to try them.

The whole meal was good, like I said before, not great. I would give it an 8/10. For me it did not distinguish itself from any other high end steak houses. Don't get me wrong, it is way better then a Ruth Chris's steakhouse and that level. I would recommend it, but it is not a must dine when I am in Vegas.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it certainly is odd the music selection they get for a fancy restaurant. The bartender was chatting with me about it. I wasn't clear on whether it was just at the bar or playing through the whole restaurant.

Pity that they were out of the gnochhi. Its great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.