1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnegie Deli at Mirage

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MikeOPensacola, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my last night in Vegas I go to the Mirage sports book to make some NFL futures wagers (go Green Bay) and decided to get an order to go at The Carnegie Deli while I watched a baseball game. Huge Corned Beef sandwich, order of fries and a soda came to $28. Kind of pricy. If you go to the Carnegie Deli my advice is to eat the sandwich there as opposed to getting it to go. The reason is that if you get it there they pile the meat on the plate and stack the bread vertically next to the heaping of meat. If you get it to go they just stack it like a typical sandwich and by the time you get to the sports book, 25 feet away, the bottom slice of bread is saturated with juice from the meat and is basically mush. The sandwiches are great, but for the majority of people, IMHO, one sandwich would feed two people. This is all FYI, but it might help some of you out who are entertaining the idea of going to The Carnegie Deli.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  2. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good food, last time we stayed it pissed me off they charged extra because we split a sandwich.

3. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we always get the sandwich to go, usually our last meal in vegas, we go on the strip, find a place to sit and watch people and share a sandwich

4. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Are the to go sandwiches less stacked with meat then?

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you order a slice of cheesecake, they will give you two forks, and really assume that two will be sharing it.

6. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    . It appeared they were about the same, but they are huge.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their sandwiches really are huge. My husband and I split a breakfast sandwich and even still could not finish it! It was good though.

Vegas Just Because...
  8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the place my girlfriend and I had our first Vegas meal. Burgers, fries and drinks was like $50 and that was my introduction to how pricey things were there. The burgers were good and we ate there several times over the trip and on every trip thereafter.

My only problem with them is the service is SLOW. Like I could read War & Peace before getting served.

One night we came back to The Mirage from a night of boozing and degeneracy and she wanted to go prep for bed so I said I would wait for the food to go. I started dozing off waiting. It was about 430am and there were about six people in there and it still took a half an hour.

9. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i got mine to go last week no problem being mush and it was stacked pile high and im from nyc, its not as good as katzs but its the best vegas has to offer, one sanwich wich will feed 2

10. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time I went there, I ordered an open-faced turkey, which didn't seem that big to me, especially compared to the ones I can get at a Hof Brau near where I live.

The second time, I went without lunch...and for dinner, ordered a Woody Allen. (Yes, the waitress asked, "Are you sure?") The meat was stacked 3 inches high. I got through about 3/4 of it.

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know why she would ask "are you sure?" because lots of people order the big sandwiches for themselves there... I thin the last time we were there it was pretty busy and only around us I only saw one couple sharing a sandwich - everybody else seemed to have their own huge sandwich, my wife and I each had our own and we also ordered an appetizer :) :) :)

12. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always go there. Potato pancake is great with applesauce as an appetizer. The Woody Allen scares me as I have still not conquered just the regular corn beef sandwich.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.