1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnaval Court cover charge?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by ref59405, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ref59405

ref59405 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read in another post about Carnival Court having a cover charge. My wife and I have been there many times during the day and never had to pay a cover charge. Does the cover charge only apply at night?
    We have not been there since last summer so I am sure a lot has changed.
    Thank you in advance for any info

2. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    day or night i have never had a covercharge...only thing i can think of is if they have a top band, not the normal 2-3 cover bands they use all the time or they have a flair competitions...but the many and i mean many b/c i have a bunch of friends that work there, i never paid any cover

3. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i also have never had to pay, day or night.. but like slimm said maybe it was during a bigger event. Perhaps now that they have gained traction and its becoming a hot place to be they are starting to use a cover? I will be there in mid july though so it would be nice to know!

4. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did see a cover being charged when I was there last August. I only remember it because we were walking by and I saw it happening first hand. A small line had formed while they made the transactions. Pretty sure it was one of the regular bands, too.

5. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been going to Carnaval Court for well over a decade.
    We stop in just about every trip.

The cover charge was in effect even way back in 2002.
    However, it is often only in effect during very busy weekend nights.
    Daytime, and weekday nights usually don't have a charge, but this can vary at times.

If you are in there early in the day, before the cover charge (which usually starts around 8-9PM-ish) you are grandfathered in, used to be with a wristband, but now I think it's a hand stamp.
    Of course, if you are Platinum or higher, you get in without charge.

We are pretty friendly with MIG, (arguably the best Flair Bartender in the land) so we just wave at him, and he waves us in. :wave:

6. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was there everyday and night during may boxing fight, no cover what soever, not saying they dont, but not sure why they would do it with the coverband...harrahs no longer has their fire license so no fireshows...

i just text one of my friends that works there, when he hits me back ill let yall know

7. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok, heres his exact responce

"Generally it's only Fri and Sat nights ($10) but sometimes we do it as well for holidays or special events."

i been there before for fri-sat night, holidays and special events and nothing...so there ya go

8. thunderdave

thunderdave Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there last week, they told me to save money, they only have bands during the day on Thur, Fri, Sat.
    I was there on a Tuesday, there were 2 people playing BJ and 4 people at the flair bar, mid-afternoon.
    It was dead.

9. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I call Mig "the IceMan" hes the best ice flair guy ive ever seen, he also is old school and doesnt use the weighted tins...he was nuts when it came to the fire show and yes hes a top guy but theres a few thats up there with him where i couldnt put him #1 but hes definatly badass

and im glad he uses "Mig" cuz his full name i cant pronounce

10. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well ain't youse special! :wink

11. william142

william142 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By law if you are there to gamble they can't charge a cover charge. I have done this many times at carnival and even Sunday night swim at XS.... now at XS they do put a wristband on you that is supposed to keep you in the gaming section only; however, it is easy to slip off under the bj table...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.