1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental Prices Never Higher

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by OKC Gal, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I picked a bad time for my trip - mid-January during the "Concrete World" convention. I've been checking car rental prices daily for at least a month, and I have never seen them higher. Any ideas?

2. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you. I am going Jan. 11-14 (the day after CES ends) and prices are still crazy. I found the cheapest so far from Thrifty for $17.54 a day. I normally go through Hertz and take advantage of going straight to the car and not having to wait in line. However, they are charging $50 a day right now. I did rebook today as prices are going down a little bit the closer it is to the trip. I have always been able to rebook at a cheaper price during the week before the trip. Good Luck!!

3. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sign up for Thrifty's Blue Chip Program ( it's free) and they allow you to go straight to your vehicle.

Surprise Trip ! Vegas Baby !
  5. tlc2846

tlc2846 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Alamo, they are always an easy in and out. I booked a premium for $527 for 23 days in Feb-March. Now the same car is $1102, so the prices fluctuate so much (can't figure why), but always book,cancel and rebook.

6. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Costco if your a member. Last Oct I got a rental for almost half of what everyone else was charging. The rental was through Hertz. You can choose the what ever rental car company you want. I paid $165 for a week long rental.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.