1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

car rental expensive first week of October

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by murphy3353, Sep 23, 2016.

1. murphy3353

murphy3353 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know why renting a car in the first week of October is so expensive? Is there a big convention or something?

2. mescalita

mescalita Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rental car prices are pretty high across the board now. Only way that we got a good deal for our October trip was to book back in May. Some folks here can probably provide you with coupon codes to help out a little. Safe travels and good luck!

3. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    Same issue here. I figured we would save quite a bit renting away from the airport this trip. Wrong. A month ago I booked at Budget on W. Trop across from the Orleans. 8 days in a full size car for $180. pre-pay. And that's with the ACG and AARP discount.

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
  4. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't matter what's going on. On my last 3-4 trips the rental was goofy and I check a few times a day. I quit renting and now just cab it or uber. I find I can get a lot of cab rides and go home with 1/2 of what $ a rental would cost. I find it beats renting.

5. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices have been super high for the past 3 months for the first week of Oct. We were lucky and jumped on Dollars Flash sale about 6 weeks ago. They had 25% off for 3 days. We booked then and prices have never been as low since that sale. The husband wanted a van since some of his buddies will be in town that week also. We got a weekly with the 7 passenger van for $189 all in. They don't even list the van now so I figure it's sold out for those dates. I haven't seen an economy car with Dollar lower than high 200s since then.

6. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do Alamo direct. Just want small ecno.
    And Priceline can be a win.

7. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

Prices have been crazy for the past six months or so and it is troubling for us since we always rent a car. We have been renting from Budget on W Trop for awhile now but it's inconvenient b/c we have to take Uber/Lyft to the rental place. Isn't the rental facility paid off yet? Seems it should be with the ridiculous airport fees they're charging.