1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental check in/Pick up Thursday noon time

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by knasinnh, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knasinnh

knasinnh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Vegas many times, and have rented cars there as well. My question is which car rental company has long ass lines for check in? Last year I arrived Thursday night and it took over an hour at Thrifty. Any suggestions of for ones with short/quick lines> I arrive on Thursday around noon time.

Thank You!

2. jtf

jtf Tourist

3. knasinnh

knasinnh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah thanks for the info, last year there was only one line and NO express check in.. I am trying to avoid that again this year. over an hour in line....

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had a long wait at Alamo, especially using their kiosk or online check in. But again, you need to pick one with a membershiip club that lets you skip check in steps or the line. I was under the impression Blue Chip at Thrifty was supposed to do that.

5. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generally make two reservations, if I can find two that have close prices. Then go to the shortest line and cancel the other.

Last trip we changed plans at the last minute, so I only had a dollar reservation, and waited over an hour.

6. knasinnh

knasinnh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would think, but they had one long line for everyone and only 2 workers. They were moving very slow...

7. knasinnh

knasinnh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LVHooked, what time of day did you arrive out of curiosity? I think i will look at Alamo more closely. The last couple of times, I have arrived in the evening, and picked the one with the longest line.. ;)

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate to say it but it is a crapshoot if you will find lines (or not) at any particular agency - even alamo. A lot of it depends if a lot of flights are coming in at the same time also. I have probably seen long lines at all the agencies at one time or another. Just a suggestion, you will probably find longer lines at the smaller agencies like EZ and Payless since lots of times they offer the lower rates.

As others have mentioned, some agencies have a "Fast Pass" type of program where you can avoid the lines at the counter and just go outside to get your car.

9. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I arrived on a Thursday at about 1 pm, you never know which company is going to have a line.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.