1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental and Leaving Nevada

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by PokerFaceNJ, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all...

We rent a car every time in Las Vegas and this time we are thinking of leaving the state...possibly Grand Canyon or Utah. How does this work during the rental process? I know that the rental agent always asks if we plan on leaving the state, does that mean we pay more? Should I not say that we are leaving the state just to avoid other idiotic surcharges?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read the terms on your reservation. They will show restrictions. Some discount codes come with tight restrictions while most other normal rentals have none. Some companies have free unlimited miles to Nevada and surrounding states, but that is all. Other agencies will allow you to drive to Texas if you desire.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the issue with telling them you won't leave the state, is if you do and you have car problems or get into an accident in another state, it won't be pretty.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I don't recall a car rental situation where I had a no-other-states restriction, well, except in Hawaii. ;) No Mexico, but never no Delaware or no Washington. Just read the provisions when you book and if you don't like it find another vendor.

And I'm with shifter. If you are restricted and something does happy, it won't be pretty nor should it be pretty.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience over the years is that some ask you at the desk if you will be visiting any other states. I always say maybe CA, AZ, UT. (Buget? Thrifty? One of them I know for sure does it.)

Some tell you at the desk that it's Nevada and the surrounding states only.

Some just say "No Mexico" as above.

Renting in Nebraska, there is one which restricts to Nebraska and surrounding states, and another which throws in MN and IL.

6. jfw831

jfw831 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just rented from Advantage, simple process, Was told, drive anywhere, NO Mexico,,,,,$10.00 a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.