1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental Advantage or Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Tokennut, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokennut

Tokennut Tourist

Feb 7, 2015
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi I have 2 car rental options right now. The first is Advantage at gold coast (where we are staying). The second is Enterprise just down the street west on flamingo. Fairly easy walk.

Advantage would be more convenient but Enterprise does pick you up if you want/need.
    Prices are comparable with Enterprise being slightly cheaper.

My question is does anyone have any experience, dealings or opinions of these 2 options (preferably with these 2 specific locations).

Thank you!
  2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Nov 2, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used Enterprise is several different locations. They like to hire recent college graduates and run a professional operation. Never had a problem with them.

I rented from Advantage from McCarran and returned to Gold Coast. Getting the car was a painful experience and the clerk kept trying to get me to buy the extra insurance and upgrade the car. Telling me of all the horrors that could await me should I not take his advice. The return at Gold Coast was very smooth and pleasant.
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Oct 5, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used both but I'm a little partial to advantage since I rented from them for many years. They were called US rent a car before advantage bought them out. I haven't had many problems with them but as Snidely mentioned, you may encounter an aggressive rental clerk once and a while. I think that happened to me once in about 25 rentals so it doesn't happen often IMHO.

I also had some problems with aggressive rental clerks at Enterprise (and Dollar) but that also happened only once in a number of rentals.

Nowadays I usually just say upfront that I don't want to purchase any extras and they usually don't bother me, if they give me the hard sell I just repeat that I'm not interested.
  4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Mar 13, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every car rental company will have horror stories associated with it. I used Enterprise last week in Vegas and it was smooth, quick and easy, both renting and returning. Next time it could be terrible. Employees come and go and as such, customer service can be good/bad and it can change by the hour, even by the customer. IMHO go with the lowest rate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.