1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental $7 A Day...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DOUBLE B, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked Advantage car rental for $7 a day. It appears there is a fire sale going on with car rentals today. Check your car rental dates and see if the rates are not better today. Thru Costco. $7 is March 8th thru 12th

2. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rebooked my Budget RAC from CostcoTravel yesterday. Originally $280, last week $204 and yesterday $84 for 4 days in late April :evillaugh. That's $10.83 rental + $10.21 taxes per day.

EDIT: I just went back to CostcoTravel and rebooked the car AGAIN. The price dropped another $7 down to $77 from yesterday's $84 :evillaugh.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are you using this costco site?

http://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars

are you renting from the rental facility (LAS airport)? I tried to use your 3/8 - 3/12 and I still get high prices (over $200). I don't even see advantage RAC on the costco site.

I would love to see $7 prices but for my 3/8 - 3/16 right now I only see prices above $300. Luckily I booked in January but it was still pricey, over $265.

I hope that you have a better site so I can find lower prices.

:wave:

4. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try 03-08 11 PM---03-12 5 AM--time does make a difference

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have missed it I just tried and everything is over $200 already.

just wanted to verify, it is costcotravel.com?

I asked for 3/08/2013 11 pm, returning 3/12/2013, 5 am, 3 days 6 hours. Pick up lv intnl airport (LAS), gilespe st.

Cheapest is alamo at $204.

6. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that when I rebooked my car that CostcoTravel does not have Advantage. Only Alamo, Avis, Enterprise & Budget.

I never ever remember seeing Advantage through all the years I've been using CostcoTravel.

Also, generally the cheapest car rates are around 8 to 6 weeks before your rental. Then the rates start going back up.

7. StormHawk

StormHawk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the reservation have to be in the member's name or can you purchase it and put it in someone else's?

8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a fantastic rate! I got $12 a day on priceline. $7 is unreal.

What type of car tho'?

9. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The terms are that you are "suppose" to show your costco card when you pick up the car rental. Being that I am a Budget FastBreak member, I never did have to show the card.

That being said, I really don't know if they ever ask for it although you're "suppose" to show it.

10. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Bad----carrentalsavers.com.---pick up 03-08-13 11PM/return 03-12-13 05:00 AM Mid Size is now up from $7 to $8 day. scroll over to see Advantage then scroll down to midsize and full size. $8 and $10 respectively......as of 07:55 AM Sat. east coast time

11. mescalita

mescalita High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful with Advantage - they have been refusing to honor internet pricing, citing a "glitch." See thread at LVA. A couple weeks ago I walked up to the counter with a copy of my reservation (booked thru their own website) and an email from Advantage with "guaranteed" rate. Despite protestations from myself and the customer at the next counter, who had the same rate, they would only rent to us if we paid DOUBLE the original rate. When I asked to speak to the manager he was conveniently "in a meeting." Rather than waste any more time ranting and raving, I walked thirty feet to the PayLess counter and used my back-up reservation. Ten minutes later we were cruising down Las Vegas Blvd. Never again will I even think about renting from the crooks at Advantage. If it sounds to good to be true....

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, that explains it, great for you. I sometimes check that site but for my trip (3/8 - 3/16) the prices are still high, way over $300.

Uh oh, I have a reservation with advantage. Luckily like you I have a backup reservation with budget just in case. The rate is about $30 higher but at least if advantage falls through I can use the budget reservation.

I never had a problem with my reservation at advantage but there is always a first time. hopefully since I regularly rent from them in vegas my res will be good. they even upgrade me usually as I usually rent an econo car. I only have a problem with the added fees they sometimes add to the bill (daily lockout charges, etc.).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.