1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car museums

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by codingkw, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codingkw

codingkw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, this time I am take a car fanatic and I'm wondering what car museums or car things there are left to do? Is the one at the Quad (old IP) still there or did they get rid of it with the remodel? Any other ones around?

Time to get married and have fun
  2. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes its still there. same spot. they just closed the room to the far right.
    you can get a free pass at www.autocollections.com
    A lot of the same cars, but I always take a stroll thru the auto collections.

The Shelby museum by the race track has a free daily tour M-F at 10:30AM. I thought this was a good and informative tour. Its small but still worth the drive if you have a rental.

I'm hearing good things about Count Kustoms; near been there. check out the website. http://www.countskustoms.com/

3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Auto Collection at the Quad is still around and the stock rotates, so there will be new things to see, even if you've been before. Go to http://autocollections.com/index.cfm?action=free to print out a coupon for free admission. Count's Kustoms has a collection of 50ish cars you can check out. Shelby is worth seeing as well. There are almost always a few antique cars outside of Rick's Restorations, and last I knew they were having car shows there on Fridays.

4. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you happen to be going in late September, your car fanatic companion will love the Barrett-Jackson auto auction. It's held in Mandalay Bay, full of amazing cars (as you might imagine) and fairly cheap to attend.

5. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a "Cars and Coffee" meetings on Saturday mornings over in Henderson, but that's probably more interesting for those of us from abroad.

The Shelby tour is a good stop-off point on the way out to the Valley of Fire (which has plenty of curves on which to hoon one's rental car).

6. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wynn has or had a Ferrari dealership that you could pay to go look around.

7. Bernie2

Bernie2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If, you like old cars check out the National Automobile Museum in Reno and Hot August Nights August 6-10 or arrive a little earlier. This is the largest classic car and nostaliga show in the country. Last year they had over 6200 registered cars. Next year's show starts July 29.

8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For anyone reading this that might not be aware, Reno is about a seven hour drive from Las Vegas.

9. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You did not mention when you are going to be there, so I wanted to let you know that on October 19th Bugorama will be in town, that's if you or friend are interested in air-cooled VW's. Here is the link: http://www.bugorama.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.