1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can't get on Tapatalk and ?pic post from mobile web

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by fenway68, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cant seem to log in via Tapatalk (thought we would be able) and can figure how to upload pics from the mobile web?? Thoughts?? Tips?

2. TxFoldEm

TxFoldEm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tapatalk not working for me either

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't installed it yet. It's on the list for today. In the meantime, I really recommend trying to use your phone's browser. The responsive design in this software is pretty slick!

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tapatalk isn't installed yet on the new board yet.

As for uploading pics, click the upload a file button under the box where you create the post.

Screenshot_20160508-134208.png

Then click choose file. After selecting your file, click close. Scroll down a bit and you will see attached files. Click either Thumbnail or Full Image.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just installed tapatalk. Is it working now?

6. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    doest recognize my creds..says wrong password

7. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg

Works! Sort of. Clicked to place after the quoted thread and it auto inserts the pic before the quoted thread. Shouldn't it go where the cursor is at the time I hit "upload"

I agree the mobile interface is quite sick

One other thing. It isn't obvious that hitting reply in the corner of a given thread is the way to "quote". Can that be changed to quote? And what about "multi quote" when you want to reply to several posts at once?

(Can you tell I test software changes at work?);-)

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've added that to the wish list :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the relevant information from the UserGuide to replying to posts, quote, selective quote and multi-quote. We can probably make some changes to help that be more clear. Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to a Thread:

At the bottom of the page there is a Post Reply Box where you can type into and add media and/or pictures and go to more options if needed. Then click on the "Post Reply" button underneath. This is the most basic way to reply to a thread in general.

Reply with quote:

If you wish to quote a specific post as part of your reply, all you need to do is to go to the post you want to quote and click on the Reply text at the bottom right of the post.

This will automatically create the quoted text in the Post Reply box at the bottom of the screen.

[​IMG]

If you wish to edit this content, be sure that you don't change or remove the [ QUOTE] and [ /QUOTE] codes on either side of the text. You can delete whatever you want between them, but they are necessary for the reply to appear with the quoted text in your reply.

Multi-quote:

If you wish to quote multiple posts, just click "Reply" in each individual post and the code will be copied to the reply window at the bottom of the page. Pay attention to those [ QUOTE] boxes and insert your comments where appropriate.

Selected Quote:

If you only want to quote a specific bit of the text from a post, you can highlight it with your mouse and a "Reply" button will appear below the highlighted text. Click that "Reply" and it will show your selected text quoted in the Post Reply window at the bottom of your screen.

[​IMG]

10. fenway68

fenway68 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Sonya, I think maybe I should read the users guide... (Seriously tho, I should have done that first I guess)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.