1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can't get a reservation at SW Steakhouse!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Solymar, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solymar

Solymar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the restaurant today to make a reservation for my wife and I, for 2 months from now! I figured reserving this early will give me my pick of time and seat. The girl said they only had 6pm or 9:30 pm available. I told her I needed anytime between 7-8 pm. She asked if I was staying at the hotel. I said I wasn't. She said there was nothing she could do and asked if I would like to dine at their sister restaurant instead. I said no thank you, and hung up.

Is it possible that there is no good times available to reserve 2 months in advance? If I was staying at the Wynn, would it make a difference? This is very frustrating to me as I was looking forward to trying this restaurant, but just want to eat at a decent hour. Can anyone figure this out?

2. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you try booking through OpenTable? Sometimes they give you times the hostess won't. It's not impossible that a date 2 months from now is booked, especially if there is an event or convention that weekend.

Also, most likely yes, you would have a better chance if you were staying there.

3. Solymar

Solymar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Open table has the same times. The only thing I can think of is that it's a Friday night. But still, I have a hard time believing that you can't get a decent reservation this far in advance. Something is not right here.

4. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you check the dates immediately before and after to see if it's only the same times that are available?

It's possible they block off all the prime reservations until closer to the date. They probably realize Vegas guests are fickle and a reservation booked two months ago for a prime Friday evening table has a high probability of being a no-show.

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

there are a few answers first the 7-9 is blocked out on open table , thats for alot of top resturants in major cities.

second , prime resturant resrvations are being sold on the black market especialy in nyc

third becuase they said are u a hotel guest i assume they have that time blocked out for hotel guest and high rollers so ,call back and see what they say when u say yes, if they let u book a res great , u might have to make hotel res and then cancel once sw confirms it

or u will have to have a concierge book it for you and you will have to grease there palm.

do u have a amex platnum or black card they might beable to get u a reservation. my black card can usualy get me in most of the time anywhere

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a convention or something in town that weekend?

7. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    even on weekdays for the next couple months its blocked out, thats just how sw does there reservations

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This.

It's also possible they're keeping the prime times open for guests or high rollers.

I always run into this situation with Wynn's more popular restaurants, particularly SW. Any time I check the web page weeks or months out, there are no openings. When I get into town, I call and...voilĂ .

Number 50!
  9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of going while I am there...have you been there solo? I have never done a high end meal riding solo...

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at SW solo once, at the bar. I didn't enjoy eating at the bar. Carnevino is great for eating alone at the bar but I felt a bit alone at SW's bar.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been solo at SW a few times. I ate at the bar both times. I liked it because the service is still great, the bartenders are friendly and have some personality and there's a TV in the corner if all else fails - or if it's football season. (Though I will agree that Carnevino's bar is better for dining.)

The only problem is that the bar is a bit small so it can fill up quickly. It's at the front go the restaurant, though. So you can just poke your head in and check...if it's full, walk over to Parasol and have a cocktail.

Number 50!
  12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thanks, guys. I will see how it shakes out!

13. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will not be disappointed with SW. My wife and I went during MDW and it was packed and the bar was to the left when you walk in. I also think they had a lounge area with small tables/areas from our pics.

The bar cleared out quick when ppl were called to their tables. We had no problem sitting outside on a 2 person table on the lake (literally right next to the glass separation) but had to wait.

The bartenders were awesome (took our pics) and we were able to transfer the bottle of wine we ordered after our many regular drinks at the bar while waiting.

The food is great also. That is what you call dining and not eating.

14. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks man...I am pretty fired up to try it out (along with the whole Wynn experience, its going to be my first time),

I already scoped the menu to get familiar with it

15. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will not be disappointed with Wynn. It will spoil you.

16. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That seems to be the consensus and I am going to force myself to take the first three days at a slower pace so I can enjoy everything the property has to offer. Rather than hitting the town like a gangbuster I am going to take it easy and soak it up.

17. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does one go about ordering the Kobe beef at SW? The online menu makes no mention of it. I guess it's sort of like the Reserva steaks at Carnevino where the waiter just mentions it?

18. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they usually have a page on the actual menu of "specials" or "chef's suggestions" (or something to that effect) that isn't on the online menu. Don't quote me, but I believe that's where the Kobe is.

Number 50!
  19. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aha! Thanks! I guess that makes sense since it's not always available. That way, people don't arrive having read the online menu and expecting to order it only to find out they're out until next month when the next cow goes to slaughter.

20. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. It will be on the menu that they give you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.