1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can't decide which Dam Tour to take.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by nursepower, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any recommendations? Don't want a bus...so Pink Jeep or perhaps Grand Canyon Tour companies VIP package or something similar.

The pink jeep offers a float. The GCTC offers lunch at the Hoover Dam cafe or whatever its called.

Any recommendations or opinions?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We took the Pink Jeep tour on our first LV trip in 2009. We loved it, the jeep is a leather appointed luxury conversion. Each seat is miked up so you can interact w the guide. The tour included a trip through Boulder w a good history lesson.

We were picked up at the hotel, it was a hot day and the guide provided bottled water. Our tour included a trip down into the dam, I believe they called it a "hard hat" tour. There was a brief movie about the dam and they a guided tour.

We really enjoyed the experience, there was also a unique photo op at the end. I thought it was worth the money. I learned enough on that tour that since then I just rent a car and act as the tour guide for our group using what I learned from pink jeep.

3. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we went to the Dam a few years ago it was too long a wait for any Dam tour to our Dam liking. So we just made our own Dam tour. We walked up to the top of the Dam and took some Dam pictures. Whichever Dam tour you decide upon, I hope you have a good Dam time.

4. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anymore dam questions? (sorry, couldn't resist)

40th Birthday Bash!
  5. vegasnut

vegasnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny:peace:

Ok serious now i would recommend the quick dam tour half a day is enough and its cheaper as well

On the canyon i would recommend the south rim and i also di a 30 min helicopterride package, it costed a bit more but was certainly woth the money:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.