1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can't be too careful on all this ice.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All it takes in one distraction when you're outside and bam,you're on you're ass in pain. Happened to me yesterday while working my PT Gig ,was looking at a clipboard ,didnt notice I walked onto a sheet of ice and the typical feet fly up and I land solidly on my butt and lower back. Luckily I didnt whack my noggin or break any legs or anything. My buddys picked me up and I was able to walk away in pain but intact.
    Today I'm sore ,but able to get around so I guess nothings broken . So anyway watch where you walk,I'm damm lucky at my age not to really be f-d up like a lot of seniors who take bad spills this time of year.

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch! Sorry you slipped but I'm glad you weren't badly hurt!

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ended up flat on my back in the work parking lot yesterday! It was one of those beautiful falls where you don't even feel the slip, just flat on your back before you can even react! Luckily I landed so flat it didn't hurt a bit. I was also wearing more layers than the kid in Christmas Story that fell and couldn't get up on his own.

4. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanna so be in vegas where the only ice i need to worry about is in my rocks glass, but yes I agree that it is bad with melting during the day a bit and refreezing at night being the worst, where one day it is clear and the next day it is iced over. The older I get the more I appreciate summer...

5. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went down hard on Monday night, Face first exiting parked car onto my pavement. My hands were so cold (short drive, no gloves about 4 degrees F.) I didn't realize I'd cut my right index finger pretty good. Bled a lot but no stiches needed. I am SOOOOOO looking towards Las Vegas on Sunday !!!!!!!!!!! Even though it is only slated to be in the 60s I'll be in heaven compared to the weather I'm leaving in PA. :wave:

6. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks ,I'm glad too,

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't have to deal with ice where I live (Hawaii) which I consider to be fortunate, especially when hearing what you folks are going through.

I think if I took a spill like you described I would've been down for the count. Glad you're o.k.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  8. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad your ok, oh to be young again.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though we haven't had the kinda snow we're used to here at Lake Tahoe the past two seasons, we always have our fair-share of ice! It's been a few years since I've gone "down", but why is it that the ground seems so much harder the older we get. Damn... back in the day I seemed to almost bounce when I hit the ground, not it's like a slow motion episode and I feel absolutely helpless all the way down!!!

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Drink more. Drunks are very relaxed. :beer:

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you didn't get hurt. I broke my ankle in a fall on the ice a few years back. Not fun.

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I took a nasty spill on the ice a while back. I was running out of a building with steps out front and slipped at the top step, landed on my back, and slid down the steps across the sidewalk and almost to the street. My brother was there and said I looked like a turtle from Mario Bros. No injuries but I was bruised and pretty sore for a while because I hit every step on the way down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.