1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

cancelling a SWA flight purchased with points

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by saintpauljeff, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you cancel a SWA flight bought with points? Do you get those points back? Is an expiration placed on those returned points?

2. hondo230

hondo230 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

You get your points back immediately. There is no time limit on use, unlike when you purchased with money.

3. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    excellent news, thx hondo

4. dbamberg

dbamberg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other very small note, the "security fee" you pay does expire, but that's usually only $5-10 per direction, which some would say is a small price for a cancellation fee if needed. That can be used again for another flight, but it also expires one year from the original booking, like SW's paid flights.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one,if not the, biggest advantage to using points is that they go right back into your account like they were never used. makes it much easier if you see a lower fare on the Sw site or anywhere else for that matter.

6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's what i'm hoping to see- currently booked on a 6:30am return flight and would like to change that (hopefully)

overall, I was worried I might have to cancel an impromptu trip the week of due to work obligations

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree...a VERY good thing.....but there is NO reason that shouldn't happen with a money transaction....EVERY flight I have ever taken is ALWAYS Full with sometimes being OVERBOOKED......so if they can do it for a point transaction they are admitting that it could be done for a money transaction...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.