1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can you use partial TR points for dining?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tammy58, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, we stay primarily at CET props. This trip we are not...and I have to use up my $57 worth of TR points now that they are stopping the CC. Plan for the past year has been the Bacchanal Buffet but with the never ending price increases I will not have enough points for 2. Can you pay with points and then pay the difference? I know at Foxwoods you can....never tried this with TR. Lunch buffet is coming up over $60 for 2 ( at least that's the last price I saw). Between TR, myVegas and what express points with mlife I earn...going to be pretty cheap for food this trip.

2. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes you can

3. julesingeorgia

julesingeorgia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you mean by "stopping the CC"? Thanks.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I have done this before at Caesars Windsor

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are discontinuing the credit card relationship. There have been some notices and postings about that.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it will be just the same as paying the whole thing in points.

If the bill is $60 and you have $57 in RCs you still just give them your card and ID and say you want to pay with points. They will swipe your card, have you sign the slip of paper and then ask you to pay the remaining $3 balance.

They might ask you if you want to use only some of the points, if thats the case then just say yes or no (most people will probably just use all the points up to pay for the one meal, but some people might feel more comfortable with their spending if they used the points as a discount on every meal instead of just making one meal practically free - in the end it doesn't matter).

7. Tammy58

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all...since we only get out there once a year ...and the end of the Credit Card earning/keeping our points we want to leave town with a 0 TR balance since they will expire before we get back again.

8. julesingeorgia

julesingeorgia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tammy, you might already know this but I think you can only pay directly with your points at certain places otherwise you have to go to the TR desk & get some type of credit slip or something. If you need it here is a list where you can pay with your card directly https://totalrewards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1430/~/las-vegas-hotels---quick-rewards

Also, not sure if you still can do this but you used to be able to purchase something on their marketplace site while logged in to TR and your points would be renewed from that date. I would just get something I needed from Walmart with free ship to store. I'm not positive of this but I know I have done it in the past & it worked for me.

Maybe someone could chime in that knows for sure? Thanks for posting about the credit card, I was considering applying for one. Kind of stinks for the current cardholders.
    Jules

9. Tammy58

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jules, I have never had a problem using pts to pay for buffets before and that is what we are doing. Not interested in TRs new schemes. Since we can't earn credit card pts and have been staying at their props for 17 years it is time for a change now. My SW card gives me pts for shopping through them and so that is what our new credit card of choice is. Thanks for the link it is very useful. We might as well earn free flights instead of TR points, that way we can go anywhere and stay where we want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.