1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can You play MyVegas on your phone while on a cruise?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jknots, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jknots

jknots Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going on a cruise in a few weeks and want to know if anyone was able to play the app on their iPhone while on the cruise rather than use an onboard computer and play it on Facebook? I like the app much better. How much data/minutes does the app use to at least check in daily for the free spin and play a little? I know it sets you back if you don't check in for consecutive days. I can buy internet minutes on the ship but just need to know if that's compatible for using the app on your phone by using the ship's wifi.

Thanks!!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used the Photon Browser myself.

Check this thread for more ideas.

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be playing the App and the Facebook version on a regular basis. Both are separate chip point games that contribute to the same prize token count. You get a separate daily spin for the app game and the facebook game. You just set your facebook account up in the app so it keeps your token count together.

You should also install the Blackjack app and play it on a daily basis on your phone. It gives free prize tokens on it's version of the daily spin as well.

I play my app game on my home wifi and also play it on my data minutes at work and I do not find it to be a big draw on data although I have a sizable plan.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Internet is internet.

Costs vary by ship, and they are changing rapidly. Some are per minute. Some are per MB. Some offer unlimited.

Cruisecritic.com is an excellent source for internet.

5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As tricky as cruise interenet is, and as sensitive as those apps are, I make no promises.
    You can sure give it a try. Internet on a cruise is by minutes, so you would know how much you are using.
    I would NOT buy internet just for this. You will be paying more than it is worth--internet is quite pricey.
    Getting "set back" the couple of days is minor.
    I was a MYVegas junky for about 2 years. But never ever played it while on our cruises. While we may check out email daily just for emergencies, we go offline on cruises--and frankly it is AWESOME (spend alot of my job online)

6. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Counterpoint: you should play neither anymore since the rewards have largely turned to dog shit.

7. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BINGO!!!!!

8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We can only go once a year so I don't find it as bad I guess. For my trip my wife and I have tickets to KA and she just cashed Two Lunch Buffets at the Aria. We will probably cash another Buffet or meal and i will score some freeplay. With the Canadian dollar being worth as much as a piece of toilet paper it helps. I was a more frequent visitor I would probably share some of your opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.