1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can I use CET Rewards points for food?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jon_vegas, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_vegas

jon_vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just wondering if I'm able to redeem CET Rewards points for food in Vegas (other than the buffets). And if I am, which particular restaurants can I use them on (Harrah's and Paris properties in particular but any CET properties would be helpful). I know I am able to redeem them at 1000 per $1 here at my local Harrah's property.

Thanks.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can.

The Total Rewards booth will have a brochure that lists all the restaurants and stores you can use your points at. You can also just look for the "REDEEM HERE" sticker on the cash register at the store or restaurant.

If a restaurant/store doesn't take points from your card you can either charge the purchase to your hotel room (if staying at a CET property) or go to the Total Rewards booth and cash in points there for a voucher to use at the store/restaurant

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say about 95% of restaurants at Harrahs properties will take you card.

And, it is 100 points to a $1 - not 1,000. (guessing that was a typo above).

4. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Good catch on that common mistake !!

The way that I always remember it for CET / Harrah's properties is to look at my TR points, and drop the last 2 digits (essentially dividing by 100) ... resulting in my comp $$ value.

5. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's in a CET property, you can pay with your points. And a lot of times, the items on the menu will be a dollar or two cheaper if you have a TR card. You can either pay with points at the restaurant, or charge to your room and use all your points at once when you check out.

One exception: Restaurants in Miracle Mile shops and Forum Shoppes, even though in a CET facility, do NOT take points.

6. oghuman

oghuman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. jon_vegas

jon_vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for all the helpful responses! Heading to Vegas this thursday and good to know I can use my points for food :D

8. Garmy

Garmy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting that Restaurants in Forum Shoppes do not take points. Specifically, does Joe's Seafood in Caesars and Gordon Ramsey in Paris take points or do I have to charge to room?

9. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon Ramsay Steak does take points once the final bill is presented. Tax is NOT charged when using TR points.

If you choose to charge your room and pay in points upon checkout, tax will be included in the amount.

In other words, save your points and pay the waiter/ess.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.