1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can I bring my current LP's and XP's if I change my Facebook account?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Myshi88, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myshi88

Myshi88 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been playing the FB version for the last 6 weeks and am already up to level 45 and 50,000 LP's. We are going to Vegas in April so I will use some of my LP'sand we are going again in December so I would like to really rack up points. The problem is I do not want to inundate my current FB account with myvegas information and would like to set up a new FB account where I can join and friend a large amount of people who use myvegas. Am I able to create a new FB account and transfer my current points over, or do I need to create a new FB account and start over again

Thanks

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Transfering of points is not allowed as they see the potential for abuse.

What you can do is setup MyVegas to show only to certain people/groups on your current Facebook account.

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another extremely important thing to remember is that if you should redeem your current 50,000 LP's from your current FB profile, your MLIFE account number and email address will be forever tied to your current FB page and you will not be allowed to start a new profile and redeem from that one with your own information.

However, if you not redeemed any rewards yet from your account there is a way around this - if your significant other (or whoever you plan to go to Vegas with) has an MLIFE account (and that would be easy to sign up for if not) you can redeem your current 50,000 LP's under that person's name and email address. So they would have to be the one to show ID etc to redeem the rewards in Vegas, but you are free to start a new MYVegas only profile and add as many friends as you want and make it a strictly MyVegas thing.

You will be the one who redeems rewards from the new account under your own name and MLIFE number. Remember, whoever redeems the rewards under your current account will be tied to your Facebook account for MyVegas for good, so it should be someone you want to be linked to lol

This works out in a number of ways - getting one free buffet each or one free show ticket each and then redeeming them is much cheaper in LP's than buying bundles for two. Also, you can still continue playing both accounts to rack up LP's and just have the other person redeem anything you continue to earn on your current account.

4. Happy

Happy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you please explain how to do this?
    I'm not very Facebook literate.

Thanks

5. TheJackal

TheJackal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to spam my friends on their feed with constant MyVegas posts so what I do is go to the gear in the top right corner > settings > apps. Find MyVegas and set it to 'Only Me'.

6. Happy

Happy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I just did it.
    My fb friends who don't play thank you too. :)

7. bubbahead

bubbahead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So its no problem if you opened up another fbook account for just myvegas but using a different mlife account? should I just sign up with my friends name that I'm going down with?

8. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can only have one mlife account under your name/however they keep track of who you really are (drivers license number?)

9. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have certain friends who play a game, you can still share with them by creating a "friends list."
    https://www.facebook.com/help/friends/lists

I have a list of friends that I just call "MyVegas" and did what Jackal stated above, except I select that list instead of setting it to "Only Me."

10. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably nor drivers license number.

signed up online and it was not required.
    am international though.

11. swuulumm

swuulumm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to the "All Activity" (maybe its called activity log now) page on your timeline, you can select 'publish no further notifications from this app'...

didn't try it yet, but probably will do that soon.

That helps for the automatically pushed notifications at least.. which are extensive during challenges

12. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You cannot use the same MLife account for more than one Facebook/MyVegas profile. The second profile must be in your friend's name, with their email address that is associated with THEIR Mlife account. If your friend does not have an MLife account yet, they can sign up online or when they get to Vegas but make sure they use the email address that is affiliated with the Facebook/MyVegas profile you created for them.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.