1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Calvin Harris/Tiesto at Hakkasan

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Jason Plaster, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Plaster

Jason Plaster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone attended Hakkasan while Calvin Harris or Tiesto was the featured DJ? I have almost went several times but I get put off every time I see the line to get in is already a 100 people deep or more at 9PM. Was wondering if I just show up around midnight (or whenever the line has subsided - or does it ever?) would my placement inside be horrible? Not trying to get a special table or going for a special event, just a typical non-holiday, non-special event general admission. Calvin Harris would be my preference - any tips appreciated!

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you try to get in later with a big headliner like Calvin Harris or Tiesto and don't have a table, you will definitely have some bad real estate. It can sometimes help to give a sandwich handshake to a doorman or if you are with a gaggle of attractive women.

3. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Tiesto twice at Hakkasan with varying experiences. Both times I purchased tickets ahead of time. Arrived at the club around 10:30/11, there's a line right at the door for ticketholders, takes like 5 minutes for them to scan your ticket and to get in. I think later on in the night, there's only one line to get in.

Summer 2013 I went one time during the week. Wasn't too packed, stayed around the edge of the dance floor and had a great time. Only took a couple of minutes to grab drinks from the bar.

This past summer was awful. There was a group of 7 of us who went, we go their early and made our way to the dance floor (just a few feet from Tiesto). One guy left for a drink and it took him 45 minutes to return. It was ridiculously packed. You basically had to push your way through the crowd to get anywhere.

4. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have seen a CH two times. I would not worry too much about the line. Hakkasan is frickin huge so you never really have to wait.

It was cool the first time, then it gets old. Its not worth the 100-200$...the place is packed and you can barely move. They lock down the dance floor. When you get lucky and are allowed on, you cant move. I've only been on a 3 day weekend so maybe a normal night might be less crowded.

Go experience it, dont let the line full you. If they still have the GA bend a handful of times, then follow the wall by rain forest cafe, thats only a 45/hr wait. It goes buy really fast. If you can wait, there is no problem getting in.

5. viraldemos

viraldemos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buy presale tickets online and join the presale line around 11pm, you'll get in pretty quickly. Last time I was at HK with Tiesto, they passed out these wristbands to that had RFID chips in them to everyone and synced the LEDs to the music, pretty cool!

6. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! Those were pretty sick! Poor dude handing them out almost got trampled.

7. Jason Plaster

Jason Plaster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I plan on giving Calvin Harris a try this summer.

One more question - if you book the "Experience Hakkasan" Package at MGM via the MLife/MGM FB Page - the rate includes entry for 2 to HK and Wet Republic - Can I presume that if you book this for a night CH or Tiesto (or anyone) is playing, there are no exclusions for entry (i.e you would get around the high entry ticket price)? I wonder if you would get the ticketed entry with the RFID Wristbands?

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=001&host=offer&code=BKHKSN14&utm_source=Hotel%20Offer&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=MGM%20Grand%20Facebook

For example, CH is playing Friday Jan 30 - you can book a 2 night package for Jan29-31.

Per the web page, the following is included in the package:

• $50 Resort Credit
    • Complimentary admission to Hakkasan for 2 (Thurs-Sun)
    • 2 Expedited Entry Passes to Hakkasan (Thurs-Sun)
    • 25% off all services at REVIV

This seems like a slamming deal to me, considering how much CH tickets alone go for.

8. viraldemos

viraldemos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, those comp passes would be wristbands they give to you at check-in. You can use them for any one night during your stay.
    The wristbands I mentioned are a random thing they do every now and then, not every night.

Call the club to make sure though that they won't make you pay extra at the door just to be safe.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.