1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Called The Deputies On My Neighbor

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday afternoon, around 3:30, I'm watching The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button and making tomato sauce from the last of the garden tomatoes.

I hear all of this shouting. I look outside and it's the next door neighbor, who has only been there 3 months, drunker than a hoot owl and yelling threats at the neighbor on the other side. He yelled stuff like "I'm gonna kick your ass", "You never been in prison" and so forth.

He then walked backward onto my property. I went outside to tell him to get off my property. So, he started in on me. He called me punk, mf'er and other stuff. I called 911. Then he said "I'm going to kill you mf'er, gd it" He said it 5 times. He's a hunter and I know he has at least a shotgun. Called 911 back and told them that the situation just escalated.

One St. Mary's County Deputy arrived in less than 5 minutes and started talking real calmly to the guy. Finally got him into the house. Another deputy showed up about 5 minutes later, followed by 2 Maryland State Police officers. They all got the guy calmed down and put him to bed.

Afterwards, they stood out side my house and I joined them. They said he was calmed down and was almost passed out. I told them I was a Vietnam Vet and had faced crazy dudes with guns before and was not eager to repeat the experience. They told me that his previous house had burned down and that was why they had moved into this house. One of the State Police officers said to me that alcohol, depression and guns are strange bedfellows. (No Shit!) I told them I would not press charges because I was sure he was too drunk to remember making the threats. His wife seems very nice and if their previous house had just burned down, I didn't want to cause any additional misery.

They stuck around about 15 minutes and then I thanked them and they left.

Throughout the whole thing, I was as calm as a cucumber. I guess the Depakote works.

2. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Wow.....not a good situation.
    That dude must have been drinking brew for breakfast to
    be smashed by 3:30 pm !!!
    I can't even do that while in Vegas !
    To say "I'm gonna kill you....."
    Very serious.
    I wouldn't be sitting near my windows for a while.
    And why did i immediately think that the guy burnt down his own house ?
    thru his won negligence.

3. TrixieM

TrixieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first thought was he burned down his own house, too. Second thought was that a neighbor he was harassing did it to get rid of him (and it worked.) Just sayin....

4. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3:30 on a Tuesday?, how old is this guy?

5. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So they came over just to tuck the guy in and Baby Sit? Not Cool! They should have: 5150 / Baker Acted him.
    Bet they'd feel pretty bad if they had left and the guy did something crazy or unthinkable! Glad it worked out.

6. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeez,like you really need hat kind of shit,you did the right thing you let the police handle it ,thats why we pay taxes.
    Now the incident is on record at least for what thats worth. Hopefully the guy will cool it with his drinking and will clean up his act and maybe even offer an apology to you and the other neighbor or at least leave everybody alone.He's had his one strike,next time have them lock his ass up.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

It's easy to take for granted having good neighbors, then you read something like this.

Well played, breeze.

8. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im in my late twenties and live at home with my parents but when we first moved to this house(15 years ago) my neighbor and dad never got along. He was always drunk. My dad is a neat freak and the neighbor was a mess(yard) so the two different personalities did not help.

They were in court a few times and always picked fights over the stupidest things. I remember one night the neighbor was clearly drunk and luckily my parents were not home but the neighbor was banging on the windows and front door around 2am screaming "LETS GO! COME ON ART! COME OUT! LETS DO THIS RIGHT NOW!".

Being as calm as I am I found it comical actually. From his yelling he was upset that our in ground sprinkler near his yard had busted and caused a small puddle at 2am.

It seems like over the years he has sobered up as there are no longer fights with him and his wife and things have been quite.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good move to let the cops handle it Breeze. Not worth getting into a pissing contest with a drunk. Too many bad things could happen that a person may regret later. I probably would have just called the cops when he entered my property, not even going outside to confront the guy. Never know if he was carrying a weapon and was itching to use it.

10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's in his mid-50's.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not holding my breath for an apology.

12. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SMC finest...what a surprise...

13. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thankful for nice neighbors.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hang in there, it'll be over soon. Dudes like that burn themselves out pretty quickly. He'll either get a lot of worse and end up living elsewhere. Or he'll settle down. It's hard to say what's causing it. Mental illness, early stages of dementia, chronic illness etc etc.

Start sitting on your front porch in a rocking chair with a dog while cleaning the ugliest shotgun you can find. The dog should also be ugly. Just sit there, rocking, sipping out of a thermos. Nod to people passing by. No big investment, just borrow what you need including the dog. Do that a few times and nobody will ever bother again. Even in his worst mental state, he'll think twice about waking you up or stepping on your property.

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yea... get it going again. One day he will be in a real bad mood and decide to "fix that dumb son bitch" sitting on front porch.

Wow.

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nostress...do you think so? I thought crazy doesn't like to mess with crazy?

17. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my best friends from early life always said that nobody messes with you if they think you are crazy. Of course, he ended up pouring a gallon of gasoline over his head and lighting it up. Dude was always fascinated by fire. Had to bury him in the Episcopal cemetery because the Catholics wouldn't have him.

But, I digress.

Very quiet now. Not a peep.

18. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I'm a sick, demented bastard, because I just literally Laughed Out Loud

19. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And living the dream...

20. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dunno why but I laughed so hard at this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.