1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Callaway Golf Center

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by zamboni, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to play a short round next month. I know its a 9 hole, par 3, but anyone ever play it? I do not want to send my clubs, I have read reviews about other courses and the rentals they offer are horrible, but figure Callaways must be somewhat decent.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  2. BTSyndrome

BTSyndrome Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also interested, and wonder how busy it is around March Madness.

3. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ---------

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, smart ass reply aside, this is a fun little course. The greens were in good shape when I played it, and that was in the middle of August. It's lit for night play, and the lights were adequate to be able to see every thing you needed to.

I had clubs because we were there for a golf trip. But you don't have to worry about the driver and 3 wood, so I would imagine the rentals would be fine.

5. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For less than $50, sounds like it will be what I am looking for. I have been on their site, just wanted some input from ppl that might have played it. I do think it is ironic that a club company most known for their drivers have a course where you don't need a driver.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played here twice and had a blast both times (the last time was in May). Though I didn't rent clubs, some in our party did and had no issues. It's a pretty challenging course for a nine-(9) hole deal.

8. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's funny I have always thought of Callaway as being known for their irons. My wife and I played there a couple years ago and if you are looking for a "QUICK" round, this is it. Really quick.

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Big Bertha launched the "big driver" phenomenon during the 90's and it revolutionized how drivers have been made by everyone since. For many, many years drivers were all Callaway made.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  10. red318is

red318is Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Callaway Golf Company has always made irons. Its first perimeter weighted cavity backed iron that look extremely simular to the ones it makes today was made in 1988, the S2H2 iron. Its first metal wood was made in 1989, S2H2 steel woods. The Big Bertha came out in 1991.

I may be wrong on this, but It is my understanding that the Callaway Golf Company does not own the Callaway Golf Center. It is a license agreement to use the name. They do exclusively sell Callaway product and rent Callaway clubs.

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I always thought the Bertha came first- but still, I will stand by my case they are more known for drivers and did revolutionize the way drivers have been made since the Big Bertha.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely... BIG Bertha was the driver that changed the industry!!! Nobody was rushing out to buy a set of their irons, but everyone was intrigued with this big new driver. I must admit I didn't think it was "cool" at first and thought it would just catch on with seniors... I hung on to my Taylor Made Burner waaaaay too long and didn't take advantage of the new technologies as soon as I should've.

13. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Big Bertha was the first metal driver I ever swung. I remember the sound going from the thud of a wood to the sweet tink of metal. Oh, and how much further the ball went.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Anyone remember the hickory-shafted stuff that Ely was first dinking around with when moving from wine to golf?

Gary Adams released the TaylorMade Pittsburgh Persimmon long before the BB came out. But Callaway gets the nod for pushing the size revolution.

As for the golf center, it is what it is, a place to hit wedges and work on putting, easily accessible on the Strip. It's more frenzied than Cloud 9 and not in as good of shape.

15. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So did Adams then go on to make Adams clubs? Adams are very nice for what you pay.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  16. ken2v

That's Barney Adams. Gary Adams died some time ago, sadly.

17. Bookem Dano

Bookem Dano Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine in high school had one of the Callaway hickory shaft putters. What a beautiful club...

I still miss my Big Bertha 2 wood. Had a Great Big Bertha 4 Wood as well. Haven't played Callaway sticks in a long time...

18. ken2v

I didn't do the PGA Show this year, so I haven't abused the new offerings from Callaway, though I will during an upcoming trip down south. I like what they've done with the irons, aesthetically, from what I've seen in the collateral material I've received. Hopefully it goes beyond cosmetics as the last few rounds of sticks have left me flat. I will say I really like the 2012 version of the Fit driver, however.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.