1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

California is known for prime rib

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Jimbo338, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Each trip to LV includes a trip to the Market restaurant at the California Hotel. Today it is 9.99 for a 8 oz. prime, potato, green beans and a trip to the salad bar and finished with cherries jubilee. I stopped there this trip and the prime was outstanding. Last night I ended up there and ordered their 16 oz T-Bone steak with potato, mixed veggies and salad bar for 14.50. I had whipped potatoe with gravy, mixed veggies and the steak med rare. Steak was cooked perfectly, and the mixed veggies was sweet pepper, snow peas , water crest and carrots. It was delicious. Salad bar was good but the gravy for the potatoes was lousy out of a can gravy. I was stuffed. They also have an 8 oz strip sirloin as well. So if anyone gets their fill of prime rib and want a great steak try one of these.

Jimbo338

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip in March I had the prime rib. Was fantastic! Trip before that it was almost in-edible, tons of fat and gristle.

I wonder if it was because I ordered it in the wee hrs. of the morning. Maybe the better cuts were all gone by then.

I agree the t-bone and strip steak are great tasting value meals, and I order these every chance I get.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  3. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Just may try the prime rib special! Thanks.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love this special. Hope it doesn't go the way of the Gold Spike's breakfast or Golden Gate's shrimp bar. Seems the moment you really count on something, it disappears......

5. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always have to chime in on the prime rib special at the cal.

really tasty and a great deal.

I had a food credit at el cortez last month so I tried the prime rib there in the 24 hour restaurant (can`t recall the name) and it was really good and around 8 bucks.

6. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also an awesome meal. I got a $5.00 food coupon in their funbook last month, bringing the cost to $2.95 plus tax. Can't beat that, and it was delicious.

7. Snickers

Snickers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried it last trip out and it was really good expecially for the price!

8. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the same experience. Either really great, or so bad I cannot even chew it. For me it has run about 50/50, in a dozen or so stops. Even if it is bad, the salad bar and cherries jubilee is worth the price though. I have never tried the T-bone or strip steak. Have to do that on my next trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.