1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesar's Palace, $20 trick, the room, the fun stuff... July 29-August 3.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Mickey Bryan, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickey Bryan

Mickey Bryan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Sorry. I have not had any free time to give any updates! Been busy, busy, busy since we got back.
    So, we did try the $20 trick and it did not work at Caesar's Palace. The man handed it back and said whatever the usual is... if we're happy with his service yada yada. He kept us in the Forum Tower. Nothing special. I've definitely stayed in worse when I had to, but I was hoping for a little more with the trick. No such luck. The room was on a low floor overlooking a parking garage with no view, except of course for the garage lol. I thought the room smelled awful and called the front desk. They offered to come and ozone it for an hour, which I am very familiar with ozone, but I just wanted to sleep so badly I declined. By the time we got to Vegas we had been awake for over 24 hrs and we were exhausted. I had the feeling that it might have worked better on someone else though. He didn't really seem into it, and we kept our $20 because it was not an upgrade, so therefore, we were not happy with the service lol.
    Two ladies came around to do room checks before we fell asleep, (we did get to check in early so they were checking behind the maids I believe-it was around 11 a.m.), and I asked them if it smelled to them also. They agreed it had an odor and figured it was likely due to the room being closed up for some time. They offered to ozone it when I was ready to leave for an hour, but I never did. My allergies bothered me the whole time I was in that room. Maybe a pet had been with the previous guests, I don't know. However, it's not all bad. The hotel I thought was beautiful, the staff was very helpful and friendly when I approached them. The Forum Tower actually ended up working out for the best one evening because the Coliseum was directly across the floor from our elevators and we had Rod Stewart tickets. That means me and my 73 yr old mother were in heels that she didn't want to walk very far in, so that was good.
    We really spent very little time other than sleeping and dressing in the room, and given that it was a comp other than resort fees, I can't make a realistic complaint. More of a disappointment I'd say.

In the Forum shops we ate at The Cheesecake Factory the first night and by doing the survey from the receipt we received a $10 off our next meal in an email, which we used on our last night. I have to say that we did everything on our list except for a couple of silly things. There's no way we could have squeezed another thing into those 5 days. We didn't really even have the time or energy to do much gambling with our busy schedule!

UFC Fight Tour- Amazing and well worth it, especially if you're a fight fan.
    Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon with a rental car on our own time. (Actually our car wasn't cleaned yet so they gave us a 2015 Mustang convertible. Not a bad car to make a beautiful drive to the GC in. Of course it was all beautiful and Amazing!
    Rod Stewart concert- awesome!
    Lunch at Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo Cantina at PH- Loved, but I'm 100% biased so you may feel opposite of anything I say. But our food was really good! I swear! And we had a Groupon to use there.
    Lunch at Vince Neil's Tatuados- The food was okay- not wonderful, not terrible. We had a Groupon for 2 steaks and a bottle of wine for $29. We were there to see the place itself, which we enjoyed so if you're a fan, it's pretty cool.
    The Mob Museum- Awesome place. We had a Vegas Go Pass for 3 attractions and we used this place as one of them. Lots of reading, could take a good 3 hrs if you put the time in as we did, but it was worth it.
    Vegas the Show!- Also on our Vegas Go Pass. Good show remembering Vegas throughout the years. Enjoyed it.
    Zip lining one night above Fremont Street- fun. If you're wearing a dress and heels when you do it like me, nobody cares. Just tuck it into your spanx. If you aren't wearing spanx, still...nobody cares. Do it anyway.
    Cirque Du' Soleil Michael Jackson ONE- Amazing, amazing, amazing show! I loved it so much. I'd go back to Vegas just to see it again. Probably helps if you're a MJ fan, but still a fun show if you're not I'd say.
    Gondola ride at The Venetian- Mom really wanted to do it and it was on our Go Pass so we did. I probably wouldn't have paid for it separately as it wasn't very long (we did the outside one) but the Gondolier singing, a lady, sung beautifully. Made Momma happy.
    We never buy pictures at these types of places when we go because naturally- we take our own. In this case, I think we bought pictures all over Vegas lol.

We had a wonderful time!! Mom had been 50 yrs ago but it was mine and my husband's first time there, so all of those things were necessary.
    The worst thing that happened while there was that Belltrans was stupid! We bought the round-trip shuttle at the airport and getting back to the airport was terrible. So terrible that we gave up on them and paid a taxi. We were where we were supposed to be 10 minutes earlier than our pickup time. Even the valet guys were watching for them. We called when they were 20 minutes late. They said they were 6 minutes away. When a shuttle got there, he said he was going on charter and couldn't take us but called in for us. The lady on the other end of the radio was so rude I couldn't believe it. She said the original driver said he was there and we were a no-show. That was a LIE!! She also snapped at the driver and told him to stop wasting radio time on us and leave! Not his fault, so she got a good earful from me, and then I wrote in as well and got a refund for 2nd leg of the trip. And by the way- it was way over "6 minutes" when we got the taxi. If they had said traffic was bad, or even made something up, we would have tried to understand. But to try and blame us and to be so rude was crossing the line.

Now- thankfully my baby sister didn't go into labor while I was away and my first baby niece (from my side of the family) will be here tomorrow! Back to doing baby stuff- then flying off to Miami, FL. to see Motley Crue (again on this tour) Sep. 1st!

Hope this mountain of info was helpful to someone :peace: :beer: :drunk: :wave:

2. bebevegas

bebevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a fun trip ! Did mom do the zip line too?

3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, Mickey! Thanks for the great TR!
    Rod Stewart's "Downtown Train" is one of my favorite songs from my teen years.
    My bride and I LOVE The Cheesecake Factory too.
    Glad you all had a great time.
    Mom's are the best, aren't they? I believe everyone should have one... :peace:

4. Mickey Bryan

Mickey Bryan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HAHA! No! Mom didn't do it. But my BFF and her husband were there at the same time so, Momma held our stuff while we did it. She was supportive lol.
    zl3.jpg

5. Mickey Bryan

Mickey Bryan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely! Mom's are the best. I drag my poor Momma all over the place lol. She's ready for Motley Crue now haha! I should mention, I had watched Rod's new reality show The Stewarts and Hamiltons and knew his daughter, Ruby, had mentioned she was going to be playing with her dad in Vegas. I believe her duo is called The Sisterhood. Anyway- it just so happened that it was her first night performing with him at the show on the night we saw him. SHer duo did a song while he changed and then she and him did Forever Young together, so that was sweet.

6. Mickey Bryan

Mickey Bryan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely! Mom's are the best. I drag my poor Momma all over the place lol. She's ready for Motley Crue now haha! I should mention, I had watched Rod's new reality show The Stewarts and Hamiltons and knew his daughter, Ruby, had mentioned she was going to be playing with her dad in Vegas. I believe her duo is called The Sisterhood. Anyway- it just so happened that it was her first night performing with him at the show on the night we saw him. SHer duo did a song while he changed and then she and him did Forever Young together, so that was sweet.

7. Mindcr1me

Mindcr1me Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! Sounds like everybody had fun. One question though..what is the UFC Fight Tour? I'm a big UFC fan and never heard of this

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.