1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Diamond Lounge - Charged $10

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Julie888, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of weeks ago five of us went into Caesars DL using the Seven Star line. My husband's 7* and 3 of the other 4 are Diamond on our own. The three guys had their cards out but the fellow only took two of them, saying that's 3 for 7* and 2 for Diamond. Nothing mentioned about a fee.

Reviewing his statement, my husband noticed a $10 charge for the lounge. Fair enough if they tell you. We would have used another card.

It's not going to break the bank, just irritating.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you are talking about the Caesars in Vegas?

If so, this is BS!!!!

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that's the case, you should dispute the charge. They should have swiped the card for every Diamond that presented one in line whether you were a group or not.

4. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. It was Caesars DL in Vegas.

I didn't know if this was a common practice to charge for the third person.

I'll suggest he send them an email. Me, I'd be typing right now. Him, he's more laid back.

5. sabre

sabre Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's odd. I explicitly asked them a couple weeks ago if they had a policy of allowing an extra guest in exchange for RCs. They stated that they didn't, and that I should ask a host if I wanted to get extra guests in on a given day. I did, and I wasn't charged any extra RCs.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Man, sorry to hear that. I think this has a lot to do with who is working the DL at the time. I am low Diamond and had two buddies with me last month. I asked the girl at the DL entrance if there was a way to get the third person in. She told me that since it was slow, it was ok for me to bring him in. If I try it next time, it could very well be the same outcome as you.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

They screwed up. If he just sends a short email to TR customer service I bet they will refund the RCs. I've found them to be pretty good about things like that.

8. themightydude

themightydude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We checked into Caesar's via the diamond lounge. Only a diamond player, but went to the seven star check in area because there was quite a line at Diamond. The guy did mention he had to see if there were any seven star's waiting to check in, which there wasn't and he proceeded to check us in.

No charge.

9. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never heard of such a thing. Are you sure there was not something somewhere else that could have been $10? Just does not make sense. On a related and surely not the same thing, but I thought I was being charged once for DL visit at Cherokee Harrahs. After calming down, I finally realized it was the charge for drinks (not free there). This of course is not the deal in Vegas.

Still, I have never ever heard of a charge to use DL in Vegas, or for guests, etc.

10. LandryBalla9

LandryBalla9 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's bad business but not surprising as they're literally cutting corners everywhere to make up for their past piss poor business decisions.

11. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard of a $10 or $10 in reward credits for additional guests over a players allotment.
    3 guests for 7 stars and 1 guest for diamond. Having said that, a host will usually accommodate a players additional guest. There is a list at the DL check in where a hosts has arranged additional guest. If the DL isn't too busy, they will usually allow extra guests as well.

12. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you talking about hotel check-in or the diamond lounge?

13. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, I have to say that my husband says it's only $10 in RC so he's not stressed. I just like the rules to be clear and fair warning to others if some of the rules have changed.

Just to clarify some of the comments.

This was checking into the Diamond Lounge at Caesars in Las Vegas.

I was sure that a 7* could bring in two guests and I'd never heard that there was a charge for the third guest. I expected one 7* and one Diamond would get all 5 of us in. It would have been no problem for the other two Diamond players to show our cards, if there was any mention of a charge.

If this is a new charge, it would be good if it were clear.

We should watch for unexpected charges.

14. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago. As a 7 star, I was able to bring in 3 additional guests.
    Agreed, you should not gave been dinged reward credits. There were more than enough diamond and 7 stars to get everyone in the DL.
    I think it was DL staff that made an error, not a change in policy.

15. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Newmans, I agree and I think it was a staff error. Just an FYI for others to watch out for this in case it happens to them.

16. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    okay, if they charge, and the other Diamonds did not offer up their cards, then.....

17. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They didn't say they were charging.

The fellow took my husband's card and one other card, saying something about three and two. No mention of charging. I think the third guy had his card out and I sure could have got my card out too.

We just noticed this by accident on the eStatement while reviewing the things we charged using our TR $.

I

18. gamer

gamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't aware that additional guests would be charged the $10. Can anyone clarify whether the charge is per day or per visit?

19. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume the charge is per visit. I've never seen a DL host/hostess keep track of who the actual additional guest was.
    Different properties have different rules. In AC you need 25,000 tier credits to get in for free. If you have less than 25k, it's $10 of reward credits. In Caesars Windsor, a Diamond player, plus guest can only have 1 visit per day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.