1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cab Story

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Camp Rusty, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yellow #1?

3. Top Dog

Top Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't even think about Uber or Lyft?

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last April I took my first Uber ride while in LV. I was a ride-along guest of someone who regularly uses the service, and they dropped me at my hotel which was more or less on the way. It was a very nice late model full-size sedan, clean, no smell, and the driver was courteous. Only down side is that it took maybe 10 minutes from the "hail" on the smart phone until the car arrived, and I know I could have caught a regular taxi within a minute or so just by walking up to the taxi stand.

5. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

just had my first uber ride last thursday, wasnt familiar with the app as I never used it, walked over the garage airport pickup, turned location on and request ride, ride was there in less than 3 minutes, nice hyundai sedan. driver was fun and very nice, ride was free but actual cost if I had to pay would have been $11, a cab is usually $16-20 +tip

had a lyft offer we used, $10 off first 5 rides, took my GF to chinatown as she wanted to try a place, shes korean and loves korean food...from the linq to china town it was $7. caught some traffic coming back to CP it was $9

If I dont have a rental and must rely on cab or uber/lyft, its uber/lyft all the way

6. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen to that!