1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cab or shuttle?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DonnyC, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cab it....shuttles although cheap are not worth he time it takes to get you to your final destination. I actually don't care for either.....do a limo.

2. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 of us, 32 & 28 years old.

Arrive at 4:50pm on a Wednesday.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, Donny:
    I was reading 2 posts about using the bus and got mixed up.

Arriving at 4:50pm on a wednesday, you can grab the WAX at Ground Zero: Weekday schedules has buses at:5:06, 5:39, and 6:07. This is from their current schedule online at the RTC.

Now I guess y ou have all the options as well as pros and cons to make your decision. Mine would be the bus......your chance to see the tunnell for just 2.00!

Jimbo338

4. High_Iron

High_Iron Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    where do you purchase a ticket for the bus? on board?

TIA

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can buy tickets at the bus stop at Ground Zero; you can also pay on the bus. Full fare is 2.00.

Jimbo338

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Iu25:
    There are several shuttle companies and their service is not all top notch. They also seem to come and go. So, the fact that your's didn't show isn't common but it can happen. I used to always buy a round trip ticket and they tell you to call the night before preferably after 9 which I always did. Now that everyone has a cell phone it is simple. I keep their number and go out to the pick up area 10-15 minutes early to wait. If they are 10 minutes late I am on the phone to the shuttle company. It is possible that the driver got delayed with more people than they anticipated and had to get all the luggage in etc. and I'm sure sometimes the driver may have forgotten the stop. In any event, the company dispatcher checks and tells you where the shuttle is and when it will arrive and I have never had a problem.

Secondly, always allow plenty of time to be at the airport. I like to BE THERE 2 hours before my flight not leave downtown 2 hours before since cab or shuttle you never know about traffic or accidents or breakdowns etc. Then you never know about lines at the airport. In our little dinky airport in NH I normally check in, check luggage, go through security and am at the gate in 15 minutes but I have seen times when it takes over an hour just to check in your bags. If you plan on being there an hour before take off even a cab is risky. I'd rather sacrafice an hour than miss my flight and have to wait and pay an upgrade and lose money and several hours not to mention the inconvenience.

The best shuttle service I ever used was LVL (Las Vegas Limo) who for a couple of years shuttled people intheir fleet of 186 stretch limos! Not bad for 4.50 each way. They became ALC and used new purple mini buses , not as classy but great service. Their shuttle service is no longer around but I would still use them alone for a limo. I have used Grey the last few times I shuttled and they were fine.

The last few trips I have used the WAX, but I don't like to chance making a bad connection when I leave for a 6AM flight so usually cab it. If at the EC and have a normal time flight I use their free shuttle and just tip the driver.

Jimbo338

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cab is easy.
    simple

Why people go through all this shuttle hassle is beyond me.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle isn't that much of a hassle going from the airport. No you won't be their first dropoff but it was never that big of a chore using them to me. It was even kinda fun seeing different hotels and who was getting off to stay at them. And when you are on a budget, it makes more sense to save money here than let a long hauling cabbie blow a hole in it.

9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My next trip I think I'll avoid getting a rental car, shuttle FROM the airport and cab it back.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People like to take a cab and complain about being longhauled! lol. I like the shuttles but had an elderly chinese guy driving once, with a boombox blaring Mitch Miller singalongs. Worst shuttle ride ever, not the time but the music!

Jimbo338

11. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What hassle are you talking about? Please explain. I have taken a shuttle 51 times and never had a "hassle" What is the hassle of a shuttle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.