1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cab from airport to Caesars

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DeeDee, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip back after being away for 10 years. We will be taking a cab from the airport to Caesars. Don't want to be taken . How much will it be and how do I know if they are taking a longer route.

Thanks for all responses.

2. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they get on the highway, you are getting screwed.

3. Maylene

Maylene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's should cost around $25-30. Make sure you are very clear and say "ceasars place, no tunnel, no strip please"

4. sukiran

sukiran Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The worst of both worlds is to get tunnelled and then have the guy hang a right off of 15 onto the traffic jam that is called Flamingo. Sit through four or five traffic-light changes while the meter keeps working hard.

However, if you land at the new terminal (3?) and you DO take the tunnel, have the driver get off 15 and onto Frank Sinatra Drive. You can then slip BEHIND Caesars to Jay Sarno Drive, which brings you around to the front door. It's a much quicker ride from the airport (no Flamingo) and not much more expensive.

5. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is on the high end.

I go to Flamingo often which is right across the street and this is $18-$20 for the ride.

Simply say I'm going to Caesars and I don't want to take the highway. Realize if you sit at lights for a long time, the price I stated will go up. highway isn't awful, but not ideal. If they use the tunnel they are adding $6-7 to any trip.

6. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

I'd guess it should be around $20

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so I am going to say both no highway and no tunnel?

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you haven't been to Las Vegas in 10 years, I'd take a left coming out of the airport onto Tropicana and go directly to Las Vegas Blvd and turn right... enjoy the the sights and new construction on up to Caesar's. You aren't taking the tunnel or the highway, but the "purists" will freak, cause you're not taking the back-roads (Koval, Paradise, etc.). Hell... I can climb through the sewers to get to Caesar's too, but if I haven't seen the strip in 10 years, I'd kinda like to see it as I arrive, but that's just me... I prefer a great view over saving a nickle.

9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd do that also.

It won't be the cheapest but it really wont add on tons.

Another option is to take a town car or limo and book a round trip. Presidential Limo will do it in a Sedan for $100 http://www.presidentiallimolv.com/airport-web-specials/

If you are going to take a cab back to the airport and you guess that your cab could be $30 each way...then you are in for an extra $40 with the town car (without tip).

BUT with a town car you can get them to stop along the away and pick up some bottles to have in the room (if that's something you do); also of you want they will stop at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign and take your picture - saving you that long walk later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.