1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CA redemption value on bottles

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    90 degrees today so we were out on the deck at a local bar/restaurant.

Here's the view from their patio, if you care. That's looking north, up Cedar Creek, about 30 ft from the one of the dams and waterfalls in Cedarburg, WI.

[​IMG]

Anyway, the bottles of beer we were drinking had about 20 different state rebates for recycling bottles. They ranged from 20 cents to a nickel, depending on the state.:beer: Obvious, bring a bottle back and get x cents.

But at the bottom of all the state listings and rebates, it said "CA redemption value" in red, but gave no value.

Please enlighten me what that means, if anyone knows.

Days like today, I know why we moved back to Wisconsin from Vegas. Look at all that green!:thumbsup:

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason it isn't a specific amount is because it can vary based on legislation. But to put it simply, it's an upfront fee charged to distributors when these products are sold, and the "Refund Value", which is usually the same as the "Redemption Value", is what people can get for taking them to recycling centers. Any differential is going to be what the recycling center charges for the service.

Currently, CRV is 5 cents for containers less than 24 ounces and 10 cents for containers 24 ounces or larger. (per wikipedia)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.