1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bypass Loyalty Point Limit?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Reel Investor, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a way to bypass the LP limit? I heard if you purchase chips they no longer impose the limit. Is this true or just a myth?

2. neminem

neminem Tourist

Most likely it's not a myth, so much as you having misheard or misread what someone said, which is that you can get a higher redemption limit. I've never heard anyone say there was a way to get out of having an lp earning limit. I suppose it's possible there is a way and I've just never heard it? I do know that donating an unspecified amount can raise the number of redemptions you're allowed to use a month, though.

3. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're probably right, it just seems counter productive to their business that they would offer a way to buy chips but not continue earning LP. For reference, I was considering buying some chips to finish off the LP I needed for a reward, but since it isn't possible to earn the LP in the timeframe, there isn't any point in spending the money.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's true. I have no daily LP earnings limit.

And yes, it's because I "buy" chips. (Please, no nasty comments . . . everyone has their silly vices)

I do not know what the minimums are to get this, but I'm sure that myVegas support can answer any question regarding this.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  5. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I didn't know this was possible, are we talking FB or mobile? or Both? I guess the reason I ask is because I have had two recent crazy streaks on mobile, in the past 72 hours I put on just shy of 90k LPs and at Thanksgiving I put on over 130k LP in 3-4 days. I have never seen a LP lock on mobile but I know others have- I just assumed that may be a difference between iOS (what I use) and Android, but maybe it is because I have bought chips? I don't know how much I have spent on chips, but I do know it hasn't been enough to unlock a 4th reward.

6. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no loyalty point limit ever on mobile iOS devices.

7. neminem

neminem Tourist

There isn't one on Android either, but only if you use the Amazon market version rather than the Google market version. They just don't advertise that fact, which is sort of annoying. Apparently it's entirely a Google-based restriction.

8. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the confirmation! I don't think there is anything wrong with buying chips.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.