1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BYOB to the Pool?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Doberlady, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doberlady

Doberlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you allowed to bring your own alcohol to sit by the pool?

2. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  3. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually it depends on the hotel...some pool areas check nothing ( Bellagio) and others frisk you down ( Flamingo)...so you might want to list your hotel and see what people have had for experiences so you don't get one flat incorrect answer.

4. Doberlady

Doberlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Caesars

5. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend said she took a six pack of beer in cans and was not questioned at all. YMMV

6. Patripman

Patripman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frisk you down is an understatement, when we saw a box of medical gloves near the entrance area we became concerned. I dont even think the TSA goes as far as Flamingo pool entrance staff.

p

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we stayed at Aria we were able to as long as we had them in one of the Aria plastic cups which they gave us when we walked in with our beer cans. That was only for their main pool, you can't at Liquid Pool at Aria.

8. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at CP and the pool kids just hand out towels---often without even looking at you

9. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    damn, thanks for the heads up about the Flamingo Pool...

10. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    recent experience.....

Wynn---service was so bad we brought our own vodka in a fiji water bottle from the 2nd day on, with mixers and just got ice from bartenders

Cosmo---they didn't check at all

Flamingo---one day they checked and said water was OK, and let us in with gatorade which they said was forbidden. the other day the guy actually checked our water bottle to make sure it was still sealed in case maybe we did the vodka in a water bottle thing I guess?!!? service at Flamingo pool was good enough it wasn't an issue, of course my $435 bar tab for one day may have been an issue. :drunk:

11. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went to Caesars I called and asked what was ok because it was such a long walk I didn't want to have to do it twice. They said my insulated backpack was ok and a water or gaterade or two wouldn't be a problem. When we got to the pool entrance nobody checked anything.

However, when we tried to later go to the Venus pool pretty much everything we had with us was a problem. Even my wife's bottle of reweting drops for her contacts was a problem because according to the ****** at the entrance it is sometines a similar bottle is used to dispense roofies into girls drinks from. It was recommended that we take all our stuff back to the room and come back with only our ID's and credit card.

12. kdor78

kdor78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm, I've always wondered where exactly were you going to keep the ID & credit card if you were in the pool? We are staying at NYNY and hope we can at least bring in a tote bag to keep our things in?!!

13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can bring a bag. The issue is that it could be searched and potentially things that aren't allowed in would be confiscated (or you would be forced to return the items to your room)

14. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was only at the Venus pool. The guy at the entrance was treating it like a velvet rope at the hottest nightclub in town. I've not had that trouble at any of the normal pools. And it wasn't about the bag being searched. They had a problem with everything in it and I think they even wanted to keep the bag at the entrance and only let us carry in hand what we needed.

15. Bookie21

Bookie21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last two trips I haven't had any issues walking in with beer. Caesars, no one was even standing at the entrance. Last time at the quad, walked right in with a styrofoam cooler filled with beer

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.