1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buying Tickets on Craigslist?!?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by PokerFaceNJ, Jul 6, 2016.

1. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recently, I got curious and checked out the tickets section of the Las Vegas Craigslist page. I filtered "owner" but I can tell that many of the items are still through a dealer. There are some tickets that are listed over and over again for MJOne and other high priced shows but I am a bit nervous to jump in as there is not much protection on your money if purchasing through here. Has anyone here purchased tix through Craigslist? If so, did the transaction go well? Would you recommend any specific sellers?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally. I would not bother. These shows are almost always readily available through the box office. Thinking maybe some of these folks get tickets via comps, and then sell them? Employee tickets? Who knows.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not buy them from craigslist. just not enough protections in place. plus, how would they get any better deals then other reputable places get?

4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sold some Vegas tickets on Craiglist last December but I did tell the guy I would meet him in person to get the tickets to him and get the money. Paid for my whole trip with those tickets. It was a Nascar thing.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say this is a good case for "Buyer Beware!". I suppose if it were for a specific event, like Sarah's NASCAR thing, maybe, but for general tickets, I'd be wary.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not Vegas related but 4 of my buddies bought tix off of Craigslist to watch Iowa State in the Sweet 16 last year in Chicago. 4 tickets, $1,200 for "good seats". Well they were fake and out the $1,200. All to save $75 per ticket instead of buying through Stubhub or another place with all of the money back protections in place. I'm with others, I'd spend the little extra to make sure you are protected with your purchase. A LOT of shady people and scams out there on CL.

7. ronnang

ronnang Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year we bought tickets for the High Roller off craigslist. It was a really good deal and had no problems. We had him meet us right at the high roller b/c I told him I was going to check to make sure the tickets were good.

8. JoastTheMost

JoastTheMost Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a Rock in Rio pass from Craigslist. The only downside was it was already registered for payments, so I couldn't load it with my credit card. It granted me admission just fine, though. Unfortunately, the girl didn't leave any money on the account :p

No experience with these show tickets, though.

VI: Breaking Spring
  9. salukidean

salukidean Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buying tickets off craigslist is a great way to save some money.....just make sure they are hard tickets. No emails or vouchers. Many are comps that people get to shows that don't interest them. I've sold a few before (usually at well below face value) and bought some myself as well.