1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buying In Canyon Gate ... Good or Bad Idea?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by aremel, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aremel

aremel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So .. I wonder ... is buying a single family home in the area called Canyongate a good idea? There seem to be some nice homes there. I wonder if any locals would help with their opinions based on area knowledge ... Thank You in advance for any help given ...

BR

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I assume you're talking Canyon Gate near the Lakes, 89117. I have no personal experience, but it is known to be a nice area. Property values vary widely. As long as the foreclosures haven't bought about an undesirable element it should be a-ok. I'd run any address that is to be considered in LVMPD crimemapper. There are several restaurants in the area that I frequent. Not terribly far from 215 or Summerlin Pkwy so much of the valley is conveniently accessible.

3. aremel

aremel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegasbound,

Thank You for the reply ... Yes 89117 is the correct zip. I found a nice home on 7 Acres +/- in the O'Bannon & S Valadez area. I noticed 4 or 5 Burglaries in the general area, but I didn't see any violence against persons at the LVMPD Crime Mapper. So I guess it is a good place to consider. I appreciate the input.

By the way .. Which Restaurants do you frequent in the area ... maybe I could spring for Dinner for you and the Mrs. when I get there. You seem like a good person to know, and one cannot have too many friends in a new town.

Thanks again,

BR

4. Foos

Foos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you seriously think that the bottom of the housing market has been hit in Vegas or ANYWHERE in the country you are seriously mistaken.

Western Airlines "The Only Way To Fly"
  5. aremel

aremel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FOOS,

Actually, that thought never entered my mind; but thanks for the info.

BR

6. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

7 Acres? That's a huge lot for the area. It must be some property you're looking at. It's right behind Sushi Mon, my favorite AYCE sushi place. Had dinner there last night as a matter of fact. Archi's Thai, Siena and Firefly are near Sahara and Buffalo, Yassou Greek Grill (Charleston/Buffalo) and Pan Asian (Durango/Sahara) are next on my list to try. You surely won't go hungry there.

7. aremel

aremel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegasbound,

Having checked out the area thoroughly on Google Earth and researching the businesses within a 1/2 mile in all directions, I feel like this will be my stomping grounds too; so, you and the Mrs pick your favorite restaurant in LV and when I get there .. dinner is my treat.

Yes, 7 acres is a large property for the area, but I am a musician, and I need the extra distance between neighbors and myself so that I don't make them dislike me. No one wants to hear a drummer practicing at 4 in the morning. lol.

I look forward to becoming an LV Local very soon.

Thanks again,

BR

ps... I added you as a friend; I hope you approve.

8. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen

Amen Foos, (The Thin Man Rocks, "it's time for a Martini" )

Until the Govt. forces the banks to Liquidate the hundreds of Billions of Dollars of Zombie forclosures.
    In fashion of the 1980's RTC Sales, there no signs of a bottom yet.

Keep your Powder dry!

9. aremel

aremel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Restaurants saved to Favorites ... Thank You vegasbound

Thank You my friend .. I have saved all of these and will try them when I get to town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.