1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buying a ticket to a club

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Michelle, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So let me get this straight, if I buy a ticket into a club, in advance, I still have to wait in line? And from what I've read on previous threads, the bouncer may have the discretion to move me to the stand-by line, even though I have a ticket?? Oy! Would love to see Light, but way too old to stand in a line, like I was 23!

Jill's 21st!
  2. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what time you go, etc. Too many factors. Best advice is to go right at club opening and get your hand stamp and just come back through the re-entry line when you want to go in. Just walk around the strip a little and you will find a promoter who will be handing out free admission for ladies to the clubs open that night (Almost all of them barring a crazy weekend allow ladies in for free by a certain time...)

For me the most painless lines have been at Marquee, XS, and Surrender.

Light was by far the worst. It almost ruined my last night in Vegas. Forget a guest list, GA, or presale making much of a difference. As of September last year they funneled into one line. No joke, showing up at 10 freaking 30 (a Saturday night I will give it) but for a line to take an hour and a half is just pure bullshit at that hour. "It's the popular kid in town..." Blah Blah... The one huge dumb line that sprawled through the hotel eventually turned to three lines - one for GA, one for guestlist, one for GA. The GA people got let in quicker.... the whole thing just annoys me thinking about it, I wont even go into more detail. They handled out the girls free drink coupons but when we got in the bartenders wouldn't take them because it was past midnight (obviously handed out BEFORE midnight but they don't know how to handle a line so everyone got in AFTER). The bar layout is awful like Bank at Bellagio, just super congested. The screens may be top notch, the Cirque effects cool, but the inside layout is congested, the lines a clusterfuck, and their DJ lineup is fairly subpar and didn't improve for 2014. (Alesso & Krewella are flavor of the year type DJ's)

Stick to Marquee & XS if you want the top tier club experience. Both have wings where you can duck off to if you need space, and both have outside areas to get some air. Both handle their guest list and presale ticket lines MUCH better.

3. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! What fantastic advice! I would feel like such a f*&cking tool standing in a line like that! I don't mind going at 10:30, I just don't want to be waiting in ANY line.

Jill's 21st!
  4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sure Light has nights where there isn't that long of a line - but I am just not going through the hassle unless I find myself in the Mandalay vicinity anymore (which is usually never). Stick with Marquee & XS - you will have a good time :)

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When will you be here

6. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May 11 -16.

Jill's 21st!
  7. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't buy tickets, your coming during the week.

8. Shjf

Shjf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We purchased tickets to David Guetta even though it's on a Wednesday. Are you implying that was a bad call?? We'd never been to a club in Vegas though, so we more or less did it as a guarantee to get in.

9. farscapevr6

farscapevr6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its so crazy, waiting more then a hour in line and pay a lot just to get in and spend even more on expensive drinks.

I don t care About spending money on drinks but hate waiting to get in or pay entree fee if nothing special is going on

10. SelfMade

SelfMade Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's for a tier 1club (XS/Hakkastairs) I always advice getting pre-sale tickets. The pre_sale line is nothing like the regular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.