1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

buying a plane ticket

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TheHangover, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHangover

TheHangover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a better time to purchase a flight ticket? I'm looking to possibly go a month from now and the flights seem to be the same price the past week of checking.
    I don't know if there's a better day to check or if I wait too long will they jump higher?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most articles based on studies of this say that the best prices tend to be 5 weeks out, and the best day of week to buy is Tuesday.

If your flights approach selling out, the rates will certainly go way up. If they can't fill up, they could actually decline in the last week but I wouldn't count on it. Its been awhile since I was on a flight that wasn't oversold.

If your travel is only a month away, and your dates/times are firm, I'd book now.

3. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been my experiance that the price will only go up as you move inside that one month window. I have had good luck with one way flights on different airlines.

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done very well on sunday nights for some reason but from my experience, you just never know and the more you check the better your chances of finding a deal. Some are posted for a day, some for hours. flexible hours to travel often find cheaper prices for flights too.Also check the individual airlines as well as search engines like Kayak.com. Good luck.

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It also depends upon the airline. If I know more than six months prior, I keep track of when Southwest is going to open their window for reservations during my travel period. I usually get the best prices, given the time I want to fly, by booking when the window opens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.