1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buy tickets now or wait

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by jmsvss, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My itinerary is quickly filling up and I am realizing that I do not have as much flexibility as I thought. Originally I thought I could just wait until we got there to take advantage of any discounts there may be on our show selections for this trip (no biggies, they've all been around a while). Now I am second guessing. Here are my current choices:
    Nov 4 - Carrot Top @ 8:30
    Nov 7 Absinthe @ 8:00 (there seems to be a fairly decent Travelzoo offer now but I'm not sure it is better than what we could get there)
    Should I go ahead and purchase full price tickets or do you think there may be some discounts available once we arrive?

We are also going to hit a couple of the old standards - either Hitzville, V, Purple Reign, Beatles Tribute or Legends - haven't decided yet.

We do have tickets for the Steve Winwood concert on Nov 9.

Thanks!

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

If you really feel you need a discount, how 'bout the ones
    you get on line?

www.tix4tonight
    www.bestofvegas.com
    www.travelzoo.com
    www.goldstar.com
    Print 'em now and take your confirmation to your Show's box office.

With BEST OF VEGAS, you won't have to. You'll have you SEC. SEAT NUMBER.
    You still need to take it to the box office, but you know where your seat is.
    I've even requested my SEC/ROW/SEAT from them and got it.

The others you'll go to the box office and take your chances on a good seat,
    same as would happen if you waited til yhou hit town.

ABSINTHE...you should be able to score a Gen'l Ad tic when you get there.
    There's a Tix4tonight box office inside 'Bill's across the street from Caesars.

CARROT TOP...the same, but for a better seat, I'd book in advance.
    I like the 1st row of the Upper Rear section...call their box office 1.800.288.1000

3. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are the BOMB! Thx

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's something that you really want to see esp if you want a certain seat or location I'd call the box office.

I have had wonderful luck with the tickets I have purchased through GoldstarEvents. Some of the shows were not available when I looked at TIX4TONITE upon arrival, and the ones that were were a fews bucks more. Either way the secret is to pick up your tickets up as early as possible. seats are first come, first serve but find out when the box office opens. GoldStar usually FAXES the list just before the box office opens and some open just a coupole of hours before showtime and some are open all day.

Ofd course, when you deal with the Box office, the tickets are there for you when you arrive.

Jimbo338

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, check online and see if there are deals for your show. Carrott Top is usually on goldstar.. save money there.

Since none of those shows are "huge" you can probably find a deal. If not I doubt they will sell out. Check tix for tonight when you arrive or just the box office.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some notes on Absinthe, as I just saw it last Wednesday and bought tickets day off.

Tix4Tonite does have it listed for current or next day 9maybe 40% off), but when I tried on Wednesday morning, found they were down to 1 ticket when I started the line, and sold out by the time I got to the front.

So I bought from the Caesar's box office the afternoon of. There were not many seats left, but it wasn't sold out.

NOTE: If you are staying at Caesars, they will likely give you a $20 off Absinthe coupon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.