1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Busy weekend?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VegasCigars, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasCigars

VegasCigars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if this upcoming weekend (Aug 2-5) has a lot going on in Vegas, specifically at Aria? I'm brining my wife into town for our Anniversary and I wanted to try and get the gold level Players card upgrade for our room. If the hotel is packed though I'm sure it'll be hard to get an upgrade. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just being a weekend it will probably be a little busy. Even in the hot summer months when nothing is going on weekends are still busy (just being August it maybe won't be as busy as a weekend in May or June).

As for the upgrade, one thing there is you have to ask yourself: what is an upgrade?

A lot of people figure if they have the "Innovation Room" and they are entitled to a free upgrade because of their Gold card that they should get a suite... but not really: the first upgrade up for the "Innovation Room" would be "Innovation Room with View" and that you shouldn't have a problem getting being a Gold MLife member.

That might sound cheap on their part but you have to be realistic: although "GOLD" is the third tier in the MLife program its not really that much. It takes about $15,000 worth of coin in to earn GOLD with MLife, but by comparison it takes $20,000 to earn Platinum with Total Rewards... and you are already getting more benefits and perks out of being MLife gold than what Platinum is worth at Total Rewards.

If you really want a nice room at check in they should give you the option to upgrade to a corner suite for $50 per night... thats a pretty good deal and worth the extra money if its a special trip.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Above you are lots of Plats. They want upgrades.

Then there are lots of Noirs. They want upgrades.

Then there are high end players, with or without a card. They want upgrades.

Then there are people that actually pay for upgrades.

Meanwhile, to get an idea of how prices are running this weekend, check the hotel website. They will show rates.

4. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agree with the first response, any weeked will be crowded.

as far as specifically in Aria ??? they dont have the capability to hold a big fight, concert, convention or show so you should be good to go.

5. zina

zina Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big international Soccer match on Sunday night at Boyd Stadium - Real Madrid vs Mexico. Since Spain just won Euro 2012 and there were many Madristas on the team, I'm thinking it will be a very popular event.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the upcoming conventions list in the Las Vegas Business Press, there's a 23,000 people Deafnation World Expo at Mandalay Bay (July 30-Aug 1), 50,000 people for the World Market Center Summer Expo (July 30- Aug 3), 8,000 people for a Unity Convention at Mandalay Bay (Aug 1-4), 500 people for a Rubix Cube gig at the Riviera (Aug 3-5) and 250 Accountants tearing-up Paris (Aug 4-8).

Hope that helps!

7. VegasCigars

VegasCigars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback

Thanks all for the feedback! I know I'm low man on the totem pole with my gold card but I was excited to get it :beer: anyway it can't hurt to try! Thanks to those with the conference info too! That's stuff I'm still learning to look up!

-VegasCigars

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.