1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bussing on the strip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 83trekker, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 83trekker

83trekker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of the 2 busses that go up and down the strip, which is the best one to take to go hotel hopping that comes very often, or do they both have lots of buses and not long wait for either of them? Wish to buy a day pass or 4 hour pass or something.

2. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beware the Deuce if you're in a hurry

I’m sure you’ve seen the online route map and schedule (http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2013/SDX(07-07-13).pdf) that shows all the stops for both strip routes, as well as shared stops. What this doesn’t tell you is that the Deuce can be PAINFULLY slow when there’s heavy traffic on the strip, and only God knows when it isn’t. The SDX is certainly your best bet if you happen to be hopping between places that it services on the strip, and absolutely if you’re heading downtown or back. You can get a 24 hour pass that covers both routes for 8 bucks.

One other thing to consider if you’re heading downtown is the WAX route (http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2013/WAX(07-07-13).pdf) which is by far the best way to get downtown. Main problems are that it doesn’t run as often, and the only place on the strip you can get on or off is on the Tropicana side of NYNY. But if you can make it work, you’re downtown in about 20 minutes and it completely bypasses the strip mess. You can get off close to the D Hotel on Fremont, or a few block north close to the new Downtown Grand.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Deuce isn't too bad if you want to see the sights and recon the Strip. At peak times and at night it can be very crowded but the buses run abut every 10 minutes or so. I still take then and the speed and crowds don't bother me (I'm on vacation).

The 24 hour pass is the way to go. It is not a day pass but a full 24 hours. For instane , if you purchase it at noon, you can ride all day and back at night and the next day til noon. You can also buy a 3 day pass (72 hours). Both are all access passes whicnh enable you ro ride any of the RTC buses Strip and residential as often as you care to. Nice when hopping from hotel to hotel, Get off, see what you want and hop back on a bus to go another couple of blocks.

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.