1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus to Rose parade in Pasadena

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by trainermick, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trainermick

trainermick Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to be in Vegas for New Years and would like to go to the parade on New Years day. Are there any buses leaving during the middle of the night going there ? or are there any buses leaving from communities between Vegas and Pasadena. Just trying to avoid all the hassles involved with driving all the way there myself, parking, etc

2. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they have busses and reserved seating. I suggest getting GOOD seats and you'll have a great time. I don't care how many times you've seen the parade on TV, it's so, so much better in person. The bus and reserved seating are great unless you want to camp out along the parade route for a day or two before.

The first one that I was at, I was selling the local newspaper along the parade route. It was either a nickle or a dime and I made good spending money because people had a long time to wait until the parade got underway.

Fun times.

PS, if you're truly interested, I'll do some research in our local papers for you. The sooner you reserve, the better the price, at least most of the time.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. trainermick

trainermick Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Don, we really appreciate your response. We tried to research it on the internet but could only find 3 and 4 day bus trips from southern california. We are flying in to Vegas from Canada on Dec. 31'st and get there in the morning. If you mind taking the time to take a look for me in some local papers, that would be great. Thank you for your generous offer.

4. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could take the Greyhound Bus from downtown to El Monte, Ca. then take a cab from there to Pasadena. Round trip would be around $400, just for the bus.

If you're still interested, I'll look about some kind of reserved seats for the parade. North facing seats are my preference if the seats are along Colorado Blvd.

5. trainermick

trainermick Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks Don . We are leaning toowards renting a car and drive down. We found a site that sells reserved seats. However if you happen to come across a bus trip to the parade leaving from any community between Vegas and Pasadena, please forward to me. Please don't go out of your way, just if something catches youe eye over the next few weeks.

6. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe contact the people that sell you the seats. I'll keep my eyes open for you too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.